Best Mobo/CPU for Price?

xzjdzg

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2002
I am looking to upgrade my system and need the use of your good & bad experiences. I would like to stick with either a Pentium 4 or Athlon XP but any comments would be helpful.

Below is a detailed list of the components that I currently have. I would like to keep as many of them as possible but understand that I may need to upgrade something. Price is a concern.

Now the big question...What is the best motherboard/CPU for the components that I currently have?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My current system:
Gigabyte GA-7ZX-1 Motherboard
AMD T-Bird 850 MHz Chipset
(1) 512K PC133 Memory Module
32Mb Hercules 3D Prophet Video Card
On-Board Sound
40G Western Digital 7200 RPM Harddrive
16X10X40 HP CD-Writer 9700 Series CD-RW
5X Creative PC-DVD Dxr2 DVD-Rom
10/100 Linksys Ethernet Card

FatBurger

Illustrious
What do you do with your computer? A better video card might be in order.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

xzjdzg

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2002
I mainly use my PC for online gaming & chatting. The rest is just normal activites such as Quicken, surfing, solitare, etc.

On another note, one of the things that I would like to change on my computer is the way that it lags. When I am listening to Winamp and open another program the sound has a tendency of distorting or stopping all together until the program is fully loaded. I would like to know how to stop this. Not that it is a big deal but it is just annoying.

TIA for your help.