thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
I keep getting low on hdd space warning bubbles poping up all the time and its starting to get really anoying. Other than delete some files (which i really dont want to do), how can i get it to stop telling me im low on hdd space?

Cheers

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
You can try this by running regedit:

Find this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

add a dword name: NoLowDiskSpaceChecks

and the value is 1.

Reboot your PC for the change to be effective.
You should not get the message again.

P4 1.7Ghz @ 2GHz, 512MB PC800 RDRAM, 64MB Abit Ti4200, 60GB Maxtor, 120GB Western Digital, 48x24x42 TDK CDRW, 16X ASUS DVDROM, SB! live 5.1DE, Lifeview 3000 TV card

You're better off cleaning files you don't need. I like to have at least 1GB of free space on the drive... XP seems to get cranky with anything less. It helps if you have a fixed-size pagefile as well... that way XP doesn't fill up the free space you have with it's pagefile.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
Cheers boot that worked great. And zoron im gonna try that page file thingy. The drive it was having the warnings over was a partition i use to store all my tv series on so deleting the page files shouldnt cause any harm. thanks