Sign in with
Your question

hdd space warnings

Last response: in Windows XP
February 26, 2004 2:01:21 AM

I keep getting low on hdd space warning bubbles poping up all the time and its starting to get really anoying. Other than delete some files (which i really dont want to do), how can i get it to stop telling me im low on hdd space?

Cheers

More about : hdd space warnings

February 26, 2004 3:33:07 AM

You can try this by running regedit:

Find this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

add a dword name: NoLowDiskSpaceChecks

and the value is 1.

Reboot your PC for the change to be effective.
You should not get the message again.

P4 1.7Ghz @ 2GHz, 512MB PC800 RDRAM, 64MB Abit Ti4200, 60GB Maxtor, 120GB Western Digital, 48x24x42 TDK CDRW, 16X ASUS DVDROM, SB! live 5.1DE, Lifeview 3000 TV card
February 26, 2004 2:01:57 PM

You're better off cleaning files you don't need. I like to have at least 1GB of free space on the drive... XP seems to get cranky with anything less. It helps if you have a fixed-size pagefile as well... that way XP doesn't fill up the free space you have with it's pagefile.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
February 27, 2004 6:30:38 PM

Cheers boot that worked great. And zoron im gonna try that page file thingy. The drive it was having the warnings over was a partition i use to store all my tv series on so deleting the page files shouldnt cause any harm. thanks
!