Closed

English IE in Japanese XP

Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I tried
to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the same
for MSN Messenger.
4 answers Last reply
More about english japanese

    Greetings,

    You won't be able to use the English Internet Explorer on Japanese XP (without using a MUI
    version of XP that you can't actually get very easily).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I tried
    > to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
    > company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
    > installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the same
    > for MSN Messenger.

    Larrjo,

    I had successfully installed an English version of IE on a Japanese Win98.
    WinXP Jap should be similar. However, since IE6 SP2 is tied with the OS
    (WinXP), I think it will be a bit harder to install IE6 SP2 on a WinXP SP2
    machine.

    But for MSN messenger, just download the english version from:

    http://g.msn.com/7MEEN_US/EN/SETUPDL.EXE (This is the english version)

    Installing the English version of Msn messenger should work without any
    problem, or at least it does on my Win98. :)

    Post back the results! Or email me directly about the result! I'm interested
    in knowing.

    --
    Jabez Gan
    Give me a chance, Let me help you!

    "larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I
    > tried
    > to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
    > company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
    > installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the
    > same
    > for MSN Messenger.

    MSN Messanger worked but IE didnt.

    Thanks

    "Jabez Gan" wrote:

    > Larrjo,
    >
    > I had successfully installed an English version of IE on a Japanese Win98.
    > WinXP Jap should be similar. However, since IE6 SP2 is tied with the OS
    > (WinXP), I think it will be a bit harder to install IE6 SP2 on a WinXP SP2
    > machine.
    >
    > But for MSN messenger, just download the english version from:
    >
    > http://g.msn.com/7MEEN_US/EN/SETUPDL.EXE (This is the english version)
    >
    > Installing the English version of Msn messenger should work without any
    > problem, or at least it does on my Win98. :)
    >
    > Post back the results! Or email me directly about the result! I'm interested
    > in knowing.
    >
    > --
    > Jabez Gan
    > Give me a chance, Let me help you!
    > http://www.blizhosting.com
    >

    > "larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I
    > > tried
    > > to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
    > > company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
    > > installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the
    > > same
    > > for MSN Messenger.

  4. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Internet Explorer Japanese Windows XP