Closed

English IE in Japanese XP

March 19, 2005 9:47:04 AM

Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I tried
to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the same
for MSN Messenger.

More about : english japanese

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 6:22:13 PM

Greetings,

You won't be able to use the English Internet Explorer on Japanese XP (without using a MUI
version of XP that you can't actually get very easily).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I tried
> to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
> company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
> installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the same
> for MSN Messenger.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 3:15:39 AM

Larrjo,

I had successfully installed an English version of IE on a Japanese Win98.
WinXP Jap should be similar. However, since IE6 SP2 is tied with the OS
(WinXP), I think it will be a bit harder to install IE6 SP2 on a WinXP SP2
machine.

But for MSN messenger, just download the english version from:

http://g.msn.com/7MEEN_US/EN/SETUPDL.EXE (This is the english version)

Installing the English version of Msn messenger should work without any
problem, or at least it does on my Win98. :)

Post back the results! Or email me directly about the result! I'm interested
in knowing.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I
> tried
> to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
> company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
> installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the
> same
> for MSN Messenger.
March 20, 2005 3:15:40 AM

MSN Messanger worked but IE didnt.

Thanks

"Jabez Gan" wrote:

> Larrjo,
>
> I had successfully installed an English version of IE on a Japanese Win98.
> WinXP Jap should be similar. However, since IE6 SP2 is tied with the OS
> (WinXP), I think it will be a bit harder to install IE6 SP2 on a WinXP SP2
> machine.
>
> But for MSN messenger, just download the english version from:
>
> http://g.msn.com/7MEEN_US/EN/SETUPDL.EXE (This is the english version)
>
> Installing the English version of Msn messenger should work without any
> problem, or at least it does on my Win98. :)
>
> Post back the results! Or email me directly about the result! I'm interested
> in knowing.
>
> --
> Jabez Gan
> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
> http://www.blizhosting.com
>

> "larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I
> > tried
> > to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
> > company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
> > installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the
> > same
> > for MSN Messenger.

October 1, 2011 7:43:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!