English IE in Japanese XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I tried
to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the same
for MSN Messenger.

Greetings,

You won't be able to use the English Internet Explorer on Japanese XP (without using a MUI
version of XP that you can't actually get very easily).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I tried
> to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
> company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
> installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the same
> for MSN Messenger.

Larrjo,

I had successfully installed an English version of IE on a Japanese Win98.
WinXP Jap should be similar. However, since IE6 SP2 is tied with the OS
(WinXP), I think it will be a bit harder to install IE6 SP2 on a WinXP SP2
machine.

But for MSN messenger, just download the english version from:

http://g.msn.com/7MEEN_US/EN/SETUPDL.EXE (This is the english version)

Installing the English version of Msn messenger should work without any
problem, or at least it does on my Win98. :)

Post back the results! Or email me directly about the result! I'm interested
in knowing.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"larrjo" <larrjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to install and English IE on a Japanese XP OS. I
> tried
> to delete the existing Japanese IE, install an English IE supplied by my
> company but got an error message saying that a newe version was already
> installed - means I could not delete the Japanese IE. I want to do the
> same
> for MSN Messenger.

MSN Messanger worked but IE didnt.

Thanks