Problem on Webcam

I can see the person in the other side on my webcam, but
I can't hear anything. I'm sure my microphoen works and
haut parleur works too
2 answers Last reply
More about problem webcam

    Momo wrote:
    > I can see the person in the other side on my webcam, but
    > I can't hear anything. I'm sure my microphoen works and
    > haut parleur works too
    This is a common problem. Read the postings here for
    the past four weeks. In our case, the modem had to be
    reprogrammed. It was, in effect, acting like a firewall
    to the audio.

    --
    William B. Lurie

    Greetings Momo,

    Firstly, make sure both you and your contact have gone through the Audio (and Video) Tuning
    Wizard in Messenger. To do so, open the main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then
    Audio Tuning Wizard, then go through the wizard to select and test your audio/video devices.

    If that's not the case, and if you or your contact are using a router (with UPnP support),
    you may need to remove the current port forwardings. To do so (note this is for Windows XP
    exclusively), click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.
    Right-click the "Internet Gateway" (should be under the Internet Gateway heading) and choose
    Properties. Choose the Settings button, click each 'msmsgs' or 'msnmsgr' entry and then
    choose 'Delete' to each one. Then close Messenger (right-click the Messenger icon, choose
    Exit), then restart Messenger.

    Also, you and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so,
    click Start, then click the Control Panel. If you're in category view click Network and
    Internet connections then click Network Connections. Right click your network/internet
    connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, then reboot and try
    again.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Momo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can see the person in the other side on my webcam, but
    > I can't hear anything. I'm sure my microphoen works and
    > haut parleur works too

Webcams Messenger Microsoft Windows XP