Theme packs for Messenger

This is a repeat posting as I got no reply the first time.

Hello,

I would like to know if its possible to create theme packs for messenger?
I would like to offer theme packs on my website with a 'one click install'
type feature for site members, just like the ones offered by Blue Mountain
through Messenger. Is this possible? Alternatively is it possible to create
a .exe file that installs the files to the necessary folders and have them
automatically appear in the messenger emoticon/display pic/background pic
windows?

Kind regards,
Mame du Bois

Greetings Mame,

At the moment they are restricted to authorized partners only [aka Blue Mountain].

It's not that simply just to copy files as there's a database which keeps track of it (which
is encrypted). Although you'll find some decryption code for this over at
http://www.msnfanatic.com
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Mame" <PLEASEmameduboisREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is a repeat posting as I got no reply the first time.
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if its possible to create theme packs for messenger?
> I would like to offer theme packs on my website with a 'one click install'
> type feature for site members, just like the ones offered by Blue Mountain
> through Messenger. Is this possible? Alternatively is it possible to create
> a .exe file that installs the files to the necessary folders and have them
> automatically appear in the messenger emoticon/display pic/background pic
> windows?
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Mame du Bois

Dear Mr Kay,

Thank you for that. Are there any plans in the near future by MS to give
webmasters the ability to create theme packs for messenger? I think this
would be a popular feature if made available.

Thank you again for the answer and the referal.

Kind regards,
Mame du Bois

> Greetings Mame,
>
> At the moment they are restricted to authorized partners only [aka Blue
> Mountain].
>
> It's not that simply just to copy files as there's a database which keeps
> track of it (which is encrypted). Although you'll find some decryption
> code for this over at http://www.msnfanatic.com
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Mame" <PLEASEmameduboisREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> This is a repeat posting as I got no reply the first time.
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know if its possible to create theme packs for messenger?
>> I would like to offer theme packs on my website with a 'one click
>> install'
>> type feature for site members, just like the ones offered by Blue
>> Mountain
>> through Messenger. Is this possible? Alternatively is it possible to
>> create
>> a .exe file that installs the files to the necessary folders and have
>> them
>> automatically appear in the messenger emoticon/display pic/background pic
>> windows?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Mame du Bois

Hi Mame,

Not that I know of.

> Dear Mr Kay,
>
> Thank you for that. Are there any plans in the near future by MS to give webmasters the
> ability to create theme packs for messenger? I think this would be a popular feature if
> made available.
>
> Thank you again for the answer and the referal.
>
> Kind regards,
> Mame du Bois
>

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings Mame,
>>
>> At the moment they are restricted to authorized partners only [aka Blue Mountain].
>>
>> It's not that simply just to copy files as there's a database which keeps track of it
>> (which is encrypted). Although you'll find some decryption code for this over at
>> http://www.msnfanatic.com
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "Mame" <PLEASEmameduboisREMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> This is a repeat posting as I got no reply the first time.
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to know if its possible to create theme packs for messenger?
>>> I would like to offer theme packs on my website with a 'one click install'
>>> type feature for site members, just like the ones offered by Blue Mountain
>>> through Messenger. Is this possible? Alternatively is it possible to create
>>> a .exe file that installs the files to the necessary folders and have them
>>> automatically appear in the messenger emoticon/display pic/background pic
>>> windows?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Mame du Bois

Hi,

Thank you for that.