Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this update?

So I installed windows 8 and have no audio on my Compaq presario sr5450f desktop. So I wen't and downloaded the audio file for vista 64bit and when I try to run it in compatibility for vista service pack 2. I get.. your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this update
Update has been cancelled. (9888) So I google'd the error 9888 and found that I just need the vista 64bit registry file and then insert it in my registry under 64bit but I cannot find the correct registry file....:/ So could someone point me in the right direction?
Or maybe tell me what it is I need to add in my registry files for this program to be able to launch and install it? :/ Really need audio....
4 answers Last reply
More about your system doesn meet minimum requirements update
  1. why are you trying to use vista drivers in windows8?
  2. Because the drivers available to download for my desktop are only for xp/vista 32bit and 64bit....when I had win7 I was able to convert it but then when I upgraded to 8 I could not convert it because some registry files are gone and there are more different ones in there which makes it confusing when searching for the ones I need to edit and ones that I need to add.....
  3. I believe your sound chip is a realtek ALC888S? Try googling for a driver for this chip, rather than relying on compaq, they don't keep their drivers up to date for systems past a certain age.

I don't know if realtek have/will release windows 8 drivers for this chip, but it's worth a go. The official windows 7 ones might work, but I think the whole registry works different in windows 8, so you may be out of luck.

Good luck anyway!
  4. Lol, I downloaded the win7 64bit audio driver And I get the same thing cept the error code is 9998 instead of 9888...xD
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Audio Windows Vista Registry Windows 8