Gigabyte GA-7DXR+

FatBurger

Illustrious
AMD 761 chipset, right?

Friend of mine has it, says it's the best motherboard he's ever owned. He's pretty hard to please, and didn't like Gigabyte before winning it at the XP tour. He convinced another friend of ours to go with a Gigabyte i850 board too.
Long story short, good board.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Yep. 761.

Been reading a couple of reviews on it and i'm pretty impressed with it. It seems to have not only ATA133 RAID but decent integrated sound and dual BIOS, and many more.

Q. USB 2.0 supported here. Any need to look this up?

I've not dealt with anything which I was aware was USB 2.0 compliant or spec. I assume there are devices requiring such support, but for now most use USB 1.0?

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool:

FatBurger

Illustrious
It doesn't have ATA133 or USB2.0, unless they made a new revision with a new southbridge.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Oh, ok. New version with ATA133 RAID (the other two ports are only ATA100). Separate chip for the USB2.0, too.

Good way of updating a nice motherboard. Too bad the AMD761 doesn't have memory scores on par with the KT266a or SiS735, but still a nice board.

Hmmm. Well I'm trying to keep away from a Via Northbridge solution and although the Sis735 is a decent chipset, I like the sound, ATA133, and RAID option.

Is there a Sis 735 RAID mobo?

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I intalled the GA-7VTXH+, it's non-RAID baby brother with the KT266a in my backup system. Killer board. Good layout, and it's solid, dude. I popped that board in and 45 minutes later I was looking at an error-free installation of WinXP.

This is the first VIA board I've installed that I really like.

I also had a really good experience with the GA-8TX. It runs my P4 1.7GHz very nicely.

I was SOOO tempted to buy that RAID board! But I had a budget, and I stuck to it.

Toey

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>

From what I see of them side by side, the 7DXR+ seems to be the 'server' version with the RAID, although it lacks the 10/100 LAN connection and the RG-45 socket.

Nice board. A few of them would make up a real decent LAN.