Now I'm pissed

I ordered TWO Inspiron 6000 laptops yesterday. So far it has been a fiasco.

My estimated ship date is 10/18. I've been trying for two days to find out
why. I emailed support yesterday and got a form letter back about
cancelling my order. Worthless. I replied and asked them to actually READ
my question. A live person replied (9 hours later) telling me that my ship
date was 10/18.

Uh, yeah, I knew that. Just replied to her asking her to actually READ the
question.

Called this afternoon. The person was absolutely worthless and transfered
me to. Get this.

A non-working extension.

So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited a
little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
question. He said: " just a moment".

And hung up on me.

So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet money
that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with this nice
music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it will wake me
up.

Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew up
the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they would
answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.

So much for being a Dellbot.

Tom
57 answers Last reply
More about pissed

    Tom Scales wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > So much for being a Dellbot.

    After that comment, I'll bet Administrator just wet himself. <g>

    Notan

    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,

    Please excuse me, even though I really do hate when folks get shafted by
    Dell(or any company for that matter); I couldn't help but laughing.

    Now, please, think back on all the times you have blamed the poster for the
    problems they were having with Dell.

    >I ordered TWO Inspiron 6000 laptops yesterday. So far it has been a
    >fiasco.
    >
    > My estimated ship date is 10/18. I've been trying for two days to find
    > out why. I emailed support yesterday and got a form letter back about
    > cancelling my order. Worthless. I replied and asked them to actually READ
    > my question. A live person replied (9 hours later) telling me that my
    > ship date was 10/18.
    >
    > Uh, yeah, I knew that. Just replied to her asking her to actually READ
    > the question.
    >
    > Called this afternoon. The person was absolutely worthless and transfered
    > me to. Get this.
    >
    > A non-working extension.
    >
    > So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited
    > a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
    > question. He said: " just a moment".
    >
    > And hung up on me.
    >
    > So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    > money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    > this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    > will wake me up.
    >
    > Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    > machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew
    > up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they
    > would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.
    >
    > So much for being a Dellbot.
    >
    > Tom

    When I ordered my Dimension 4700 and my Inspiron 9300 back in June I also
    saw an estimated ship date on the Inspiron about 21 days from my order date.
    The ship date for the Dimension was about 15 or 16 days out, as I recall
    without looking at my shipping confirmation documentation. I got the
    Dimension on day 10 and my Inspiron on day 12. I used the tracking numbers
    and kept track of my machines from the loading dock to my front door.

    Interestingly enough, the Dimension actually went on the truck on day 5
    after my online order was confirmed and the Inspiron got on a truck on day 8
    after the order. For some reason it only took 4 days to get the Inspiron to
    me and 5 days to get my Dimension driven out. They originated from the same
    location according to the tracking information.

    There is obviously no excuse for the service you have been getting. I would
    be sorely pissed, as well. When and if you do actually talk to someone
    living and breathing, make sure they understand that. You may have better
    luck calling Sales and asking to speak with a manager or supervisor. The
    guys (and gals) in Sales do not like to hear that kind of feedback.
    Basically, they hang up the phone after speaking with a pissed off customer
    and walk over to the idiots in Customer Service that share the building with
    them and give them an ass chewing. I know, because I know someone in Dell
    Sales and she has done exactly that.

    Notan wrote:

    > Tom Scales wrote:
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > So much for being a Dellbot.
    >
    > After that comment, I'll bet Administrator just wet himself. <g>

    Make that Administrator *and* Irene! <G>

    Notan

    No accidents here, but I am STILL laughing. >gr<

    > Notan wrote:
    >>
    >> Tom Scales wrote:
    >> >
    >> > <snip>
    >> >
    >> > So much for being a Dellbot.
    >>
    >> After that comment, I'll bet Administrator just wet himself. <g>
    >
    > Make that Administrator *and* Irene! <G>
    >
    > Notan

    Well, in the end, they made me happy. I spoke to Sales. They were very
    flexible. I was willing to pay a little more to move up a processor, but
    not a LOT more.

    So, they configured a similar machine, but upgraded from Celeron M 1.6 to
    Pentium M 1.6, upgraded the Wireless card to Intel's and added 24 months of
    McAfee. $80 per machine and I don't have to fool with the rebate.

    Overall, the result was good, the effort to get there was a challenge.

    Tom
    "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> transfered me to. Get this.
    >>
    >> A non-working extension.
    >>
    >> So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited
    >> a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
    >> question. He said: " just a moment".
    >>
    >> And hung up on me.
    >>
    >> So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    >> money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    >> this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    >> will wake me up.
    >>
    >> Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    >> machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew
    >> up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they
    >> would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.

    Even the best organization gets it wrong sometimes, and within every quality organization there are pockets of incompetence. Dell is no different from any other company of its size, and better than many. Too bad you fell through the cracks, but none of the many whiners who inhabit this otherwise respectable forum should take any comfort from your situation.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:eLOTe.10288$4i6.7532@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> [...]
    >>> transfered me to. Get this.
    >>>
    >>> A non-working extension.
    >>>
    >>> So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited
    >>> a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
    >>> question. He said: " just a moment".
    >>>
    >>> And hung up on me.
    >>>
    >>> So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    >>> money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    >>> this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    >>> will wake me up.
    >>>
    >>> Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    >>> machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew
    >>> up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they
    >>> would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.

    it just goes to show that some of these people do have problems with Dell,
    I myself have not, yet. But the last laptop I order I called 4 times and
    hung up before I
    got a person who's first language was English. glade it worked out for ya.

> [...]

    > me to. Get this.
    >
    > A non-working extension.
    >
    > So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited
    > a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
    > question. He said: " just a moment".
    >
    > And hung up on me.
    >
    > So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    > money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    > this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    > will wake me up.
    >
    > Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    > machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew
    > up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they
    > would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.

    haahahahahhahhehehehehhehehe.............

> [...]
    >>> transfered me to. Get this.
    >>>
    >>> A non-working extension.
    >>>
    >>> So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call.
    >>> Waited a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I
    >>> asked my question. He said: " just a moment".
    >>>
    >>> And hung up on me.
    >>>
    >>> So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    >>> money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    >>> this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    >>> will wake me up.
    >>>
    >>> Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    >>> machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that
    >>> blew up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If
    >>> they would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more

    wanker..........

    I'm glad you got satisfaction in the end.

    Like someone else mentioned, I hope you NOW realize what others told
    you before about their bad dell experiences and you don't blow them
    off the way you did before.

    Personally I like Dell but try very hard to not have to deal with
    their sales or support by phone. I find the dellbot is almost useless
    or their use of the English language is audibly unrecognizable or
    almost unrecognizable. I wonder how Mr. Dell feels if he can't
    recognize their pronunciation of his last name??? Maybe that's the
    first English word with diction lessons they learn.

    Anyway Tom, glad it worked for you. Can you make any suggestions from
    your experiences, how the rest of us can avoid what you just went
    thru?

> [...]

    >>> transfered me to. Get this.
    >>>
    >>> A non-working extension.
    >>>
    >>> So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited
    >>> a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
    >>> question. He said: " just a moment".
    >>>
    >>> And hung up on me.
    >>>
    >>> So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    >>> money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    >>> this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    >>> will wake me up.
    >>>
    >>> Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    >>> machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew
    >>> up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they
    >>> would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.

    Is there where we are suppose to call Ted a Dellbot?

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:18:05 -0400, "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com>
    wrote:

> [...]
    >>> have better luck calling Sales and asking to speak with a manager or
    >>> supervisor. The guys (and gals) in Sales do not like to hear that kind of
    >>> feedback. Basically, they hang up the phone after speaking with a pissed
    >>> off customer and walk over to the idiots in Customer Service that share
    >>> the building with them and give them an ass chewing. I know, because I
    >>> know someone in Dell Sales and she has done exactly that.
    >>>
    >>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message

    >I ordered TWO Inspiron 6000 laptops yesterday. So far it has been a
    >fiasco.
    >
    > My estimated ship date is 10/18. I've been trying for two days to find
    > out why. I emailed support yesterday and got a form letter back about
    > cancelling my order. Worthless. I replied and asked them to actually READ
    > my question. A live person replied (9 hours later) telling me that my

    Just curious what your configuration was -- I ordered my I6000 on last
    Thursday 9/1 before the Labor Day weekend and recieved it yesterday,
    Wednesday 9/7 (2-day shipping). I was extremely pleased by that - the
    little elves must have been working the holiday.

    I took advantage of the $500 "back to school discount". I have WSXGA+
    display, Pentium M 760 2Ghz/533 FSB, free dual layer DVD burner, 1GB RAM for
    the price of 512MB. ATI X300 64MB video. Intel Pro 2200 wireless. extended
    life 9-cell 90Whr battery.

    -- Paul

    >I ordered TWO Inspiron 6000 laptops yesterday. So far it has been a
    >fiasco.
    >
    > My estimated ship date is 10/18. I've been trying for two days to find
    > out why. I emailed support yesterday and got a form letter back about
    > cancelling my order. Worthless. I replied and asked them to actually READ
    > my question. A live person replied (9 hours later) telling me that my
    > ship date was 10/18.
    >
    > Uh, yeah, I knew that. Just replied to her asking her to actually READ
    > the question.
    >
    > Called this afternoon. The person was absolutely worthless and transfered
    > me to. Get this.
    >
    > A non-working extension.
    >
    > So, just got home. Called the number that the email said to call. Waited
    > a little over an hour on hold. Guy answered the phone and I asked my
    > question. He said: " just a moment".
    >
    > And hung up on me.
    >
    > So, I'm back on hold. They close in 41 minutes (I think) and I'd bet
    > money that the phone system disconnects me then. I'm going to be with
    > this nice music playing in the background. If they actually answer, it
    > will wake me up.
    >
    > Sadly, I believe I have the answer to the question. I reconfigured the
    > machine online, changing options one at a time. The only thing that blew
    > up the ship date (from 9/16 to Unavailable) was the CPU choice. If they
    > would answer the phone, I'd upgrade to a FASTER CPU and pay more money.
    >
    > So much for being a Dellbot.
    >
    > Tom
    Go elsewhere with your phoney grievances troll.

    "Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > >I ordered TWO Inspiron 6000 laptops yesterday. So far it has been a
    > >fiasco.
    >>
    >> My estimated ship date is 10/18. I've been trying for two days to find
    >> out why. I emailed support yesterday and got a form letter back about
    >> cancelling my order. Worthless. I replied and asked them to actually
    >> READ my question. A live person replied (9 hours later) telling me that
    >> my ship date was 10/18.
    >
    > Just curious what your configuration was -- I ordered my I6000 on last
    > Thursday 9/1 before the Labor Day weekend and recieved it yesterday,
    > Wednesday 9/7 (2-day shipping). I was extremely pleased by that - the
    > little elves must have been working the holiday.
    >
    > I took advantage of the $500 "back to school discount". I have WSXGA+
    > display, Pentium M 760 2Ghz/533 FSB, free dual layer DVD burner, 1GB RAM
    > for the price of 512MB. ATI X300 64MB video. Intel Pro 2200 wireless.
    > extended life 9-cell 90Whr battery.
    >
    > -- Paul

    The problem was the Celeron 1.6M. The Celeron 1.4M was available as was the
    Pentium M 1.6 (725). They upgraded me to the 725.

    Tom

    Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but I'm curious whether
    it really would have taken as long as the shipping dates implied. On
    both my laptop (D610 ordered in late Feb., just after they were
    launched) and my brother I600m (ordered in June), their shipping dates
    were completely inaccurate (I recieved the notebooks a solid two weeks
    prior to the dates listed in both cases). In fact, on my D610 I had a
    couple options that would alledgedly push the shipping date, but in the
    end I don't beleive they had any significan bearing.

    Nicholas Andrade wrote:

    > Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but I'm curious whether
    > it really would have taken as long as the shipping dates implied. On
    > both my laptop (D610 ordered in late Feb., just after they were
    > launched) and my brother I600m (ordered in June), their shipping dates
    > were completely inaccurate (I recieved the notebooks a solid two weeks
    > prior to the dates listed in both cases). In fact, on my D610 I had a
    > couple options that would alledgedly push the shipping date, but in the
    > end I don't beleive they had any significan bearing.

    I'm pretty sure that accurate shipping/receiving dates, for "custom"
    configurations, are nothing but pure coincidence.

    More orders come in than expected, third-party parts aren't received
    when they're supposed to be, etc.

    Not to mention the occasional, "We screwed up!" <g>

    Notan

    "Nicholas Andrade" <SDNick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but I'm curious whether it
    > really would have taken as long as the shipping dates implied. On both my
    > laptop (D610 ordered in late Feb., just after they were launched) and my
    > brother I600m (ordered in June), their shipping dates were completely
    > inaccurate (I recieved the notebooks a solid two weeks prior to the dates
    > listed in both cases). In fact, on my D610 I had a couple options that
    > would alledgedly push the shipping date, but in the end I don't beleive
    > they had any significan bearing.

    Honestly, I think it would have shipped considerably faster as the
    likelihood of there being a huge shortage of Celeron 1.6M processors is
    small. However, it was an opportunity for me, the customer, to put pressure
    on Dell for an alternative that was to my advantage. I did and they came
    through.

    Tom

    > Nicholas Andrade wrote:
    >>
    >> Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but I'm curious whether
    >> it really would have taken as long as the shipping dates implied. On
    >> both my laptop (D610 ordered in late Feb., just after they were
    >> launched) and my brother I600m (ordered in June), their shipping dates
    >> were completely inaccurate (I recieved the notebooks a solid two weeks
    >> prior to the dates listed in both cases). In fact, on my D610 I had a
    >> couple options that would alledgedly push the shipping date, but in the
    >> end I don't beleive they had any significan bearing.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure that accurate shipping/receiving dates, for "custom"
    > configurations, are nothing but pure coincidence.
    >
    > More orders come in than expected, third-party parts aren't received
    > when they're supposed to be, etc.
    >
    > Not to mention the occasional, "We screwed up!" <g>
    >
    > Notan

    "custom" laptops are a misnomer. There are so few variations that they
    essentially just stockpile the CPU/Video combinations and add the
    'accessories' -- memory, optical drive.

    Tom

    > Called this afternoon. The person was absolutely worthless and transfered
    > me to. Get this.
    >
    > A non-working extension.

    Sounds like my experience a few weeks ago. It seems like Dell has a
    variety of call centers; some offer excellent service, some don't....

    -Joel

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:26:01 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
    wrote:

    >"Nicholas Andrade" <SDNick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but I'm curious whether it
    >> really would have taken as long as the shipping dates implied. On both my
    >> laptop (D610 ordered in late Feb., just after they were launched) and my
    >> brother I600m (ordered in June), their shipping dates were completely
    >> inaccurate (I recieved the notebooks a solid two weeks prior to the dates
    >> listed in both cases). In fact, on my D610 I had a couple options that
    >> would alledgedly push the shipping date, but in the end I don't beleive
    >> they had any significan bearing.
    >
    >Honestly, I think it would have shipped considerably faster as the
    >likelihood of there being a huge shortage of Celeron 1.6M processors is
    >small. However, it was an opportunity for me, the customer, to put pressure
    >on Dell for an alternative that was to my advantage. I did and they came
    >through.
    >
    >Tom

    With all due respect, they got you to pay more in the end which I'm
    sure looks better on their books.

    <Rob> wrote in message news:8v62i114mf2c8kln05v3momkeq14imjnoo@4ax.com...
    > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:26:01 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Nicholas Andrade" <SDNick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, but I'm curious whether
    >>> it
    >>> really would have taken as long as the shipping dates implied. On both
    >>> my
    >>> laptop (D610 ordered in late Feb., just after they were launched) and my
    >>> brother I600m (ordered in June), their shipping dates were completely
    >>> inaccurate (I recieved the notebooks a solid two weeks prior to the
    >>> dates
    >>> listed in both cases). In fact, on my D610 I had a couple options that
    >>> would alledgedly push the shipping date, but in the end I don't beleive
    >>> they had any significan bearing.
    >>
    >>Honestly, I think it would have shipped considerably faster as the
    >>likelihood of there being a huge shortage of Celeron 1.6M processors is
    >>small. However, it was an opportunity for me, the customer, to put
    >>pressure
    >>on Dell for an alternative that was to my advantage. I did and they came
    >>through.
    >>
    >>Tom
    >>

    > With all due respect, they got you to pay more in the end which I'm
    > sure looks better on their books.\

    I doubt it, as the cost in phone calls and support was more than the
    difference. I paid about $25 a machine more, and that included the upgraded
    CPU, 80GB instead of 40GB, McAfee for 2 years and overnight shipping.

    And there you go again.
    Using labels such as "DellBots" as well as insults are used by those
    insecure in their own views.
    They need the labels in the mistaken belief the other is put down thus
    raising their own credibility.
    But instead those throwing labels and insults tell nothing about the other
    but loudly display their own insecurity and weakness.
    Get valid information and be confident or move aside for those better able
    (of whom there are many) to support your views.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Tom,
    >
    > I think you need to be a bit more honest. Most of the people on this group
    > with the exception of the 5-7 other DellBots, know you defend Dell no
    > matter what. People have posted detailed problems about Dell and you
    > basically attack them. I've seen it and many others have as well.

    "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message

    > Tom,
    >
    > I think you need to be a bit more honest. Most of the people on this group
    > with the exception of the 5-7 other DellBots, know you defend Dell no
    > matter what. People have posted detailed problems about Dell and you
    > basically attack them. I've seen it and many others have as well.

    Geez, you need to learn to trim posts.

    Frankly, you're lying. If you think you're not, you need to re-read my
    posts.

    Bugger off! ... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:25:14 -0400, Administrator <quemandd@msn.com> wrote:
    <SNIP!>
  26. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Don't tell me someone has to repost some of your posts---again?

    > "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Tom,
    >>
    >> I think you need to be a bit more honest. Most of the people on this
    >> group with the exception of the 5-7 other DellBots, know you defend Dell
    >> no matter what. People have posted detailed problems about Dell and you
    >> basically attack them. I've seen it and many others have as well.
    >
    > Geez, you need to learn to trim posts.
    >
    > Frankly, you're lying. If you think you're not, you need to re-read my
    > posts.

  27. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > I think you need to be a bit more honest. Most of the people on this group
    > with the exception of the 5-7 other DellBots, know you defend Dell no
    > matter what. People have posted detailed problems about Dell and you
    > basically attack them. I've seen it and many others have as well.

    And I've seen that you're a goober. Not only do you not know to snip a post
    when needed, but you're just the opposite of what you wrongly accuse Tom of;
    you're a negative whiny little butt monkey with nothing good to say,
    probably an ex-Dell employee who got bounced or something. I guess that
    would make you an anti-Dellbot Irene Sandinista.

    Further, what you do NOT acknowledge, is that people with legitimate gripes
    about Dell who post in here while taking some responsibility for their own
    mistakes get treated well and are helped on a regular basis by some of the
    same people you wish to label in one manner or another.

    It's the snivelling finger-pointing posters such as yourself who can expect
    to get their asses flamed in here today and for the forseeable future.

    B*tch.

    Stew
  28. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene,

    I never said I wasn't critical of others. I said my position is more
    balanced than you give me credit for.
    "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Don't tell me someone has to repost some of your posts---again?

    >> "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Tom,
    >>>
    >>> I think you need to be a bit more honest. Most of the people on this
    >>> group with the exception of the 5-7 other DellBots, know you defend Dell
    >>> no matter what. People have posted detailed problems about Dell and you
    >>> basically attack them. I've seen it and many others have as well.
    >>
    >> Geez, you need to learn to trim posts.
    >>
    >> Frankly, you're lying. If you think you're not, you need to re-read my
    >> posts.

  29. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Why do you bring Irene to your post?
    Your apparent insult of Irene places you in a similar position as others who
    need to insult to make up for their own shortcomings.

    --

    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message news:ALmVe.182> And I've seen
    that you're a goober. Not only do you not know to snip a post
    > when needed, but you're just the opposite of what you wrongly accuse Tom
    > of; you're a negative whiny little butt monkey with nothing good to say,
    > probably an ex-Dell employee who got bounced or something. I guess that
    > would make you an anti-Dellbot Irene Sandinista.
    >
    > Further, what you do NOT acknowledge, is that people with legitimate
    > gripes about Dell who post in here while taking some responsibility for
    > their own mistakes get treated well and are helped on a regular basis by
    > some of the same people you wish to label in one manner or another.
    >
    > It's the snivelling finger-pointing posters such as yourself who can
    > expect to get their asses flamed in here today and for the forseeable
    > future.
    >
    > B*tch.
    >

    > Stew

  30. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    > Why do you bring Irene to your post?
    > Your apparent insult of Irene places you in a similar position as others
    > who need to insult to make up for their own shortcomings.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org

    Because Irene has set a standard for whining and trolling in this very group
    that cannot easily be surpassed. That tirade lasting for months or even
    years in its vague and mindless attacks.

    I don't know if that is still true or not, as I killfiled her months ago,
    but it bears relevance in the response directed towards Tom by another known
    troll.

    I'm not going to sit by and let trolls take cheap shots at others here I
    know to be good people. That's my choice and at my discretion.

    My shortcomings aren't really in question here; as I'm here to assist
    others and that's almost exclusively what I've done or attempted to do - and
    will continue to do.

    I respectfully note that you are certainly entitled to your differing
    opinion.

    Stew
  31. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene,

    Then either bugger off or contribute something positive and helpful to the
    group! ... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:33:28 -0700, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >It's nice to see that nothing has changed.
    >
    >ridicule, insults and name calling.
    >
    >The way of alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

    <SNIP>
  32. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Then it seems the standard you feel she has set is also your standard.
    Now you should also complain about yourself since you complain about those
    whom you set as your own standards.
    Perhaps you should set a higher standard or risk being a hypocrite.

    --

    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message news:K8pVe.169
    > Because Irene has set a standard for whining and trolling in this very
    > group that cannot easily be surpassed. That tirade lasting for months or
    > even years in its vague and mindless attacks.
    >
    > I don't know if that is still true or not, as I killfiled her months ago,
    > but it bears relevance in the response directed towards Tom by another
    > known troll.
    >
    > I'm not going to sit by and let trolls take cheap shots at others here I
    > know to be good people. That's my choice and at my discretion.
    >
    > My shortcomings aren't really in question here; as I'm here to assist
    > others and that's almost exclusively what I've done or attempted to do -
    > and will continue to do.
    >
    > I respectfully note that you are certainly entitled to your differing
    > opinion.
    >

    > Stew

  33. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Jupiter Jones wrote:

    > Then it seems the standard you feel she has set is also your standard.
    > Now you should also complain about yourself since you complain about those
    > whom you set as your own standards.
    > Perhaps you should set a higher standard or risk being a hypocrite.
    >
    > <snip>

    "Now you should also complain about yourself since you complain about those
    whom you set as your own standards."

    Huh? <g>

    Notan
  34. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > Then it seems the standard you feel she has set is also your standard.
    > Now you should also complain about yourself since you complain about those
    > whom you set as your own standards.
    > Perhaps you should set a higher standard or risk being a hypocrite.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org

    JJ,

    On the rare occasion I get my fill of these type of people and threr posts,
    and I vent towards those posters who are the source.

    I am indeed a hypocrite on some subjects that are OT in this group. That
    said, I don't feel that calling out known trolls who cross the line (imo) is
    being hypocritical.

    My apology was sincere and was mainly directed at any ladies in the group,
    other regulars who might have been offended, or new lurkers/users who have
    no idea WTF is going on.

    If you find yourself offended, then I hope you'll accept the apology as a
    respected ng regular. If you don't accept it, then by all means please
    block my posts.

    Stew
  35. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Notan wrote:

    > Irene wrote:
    > >
    > > It's nice to see that nothing has changed.
    > >
    > > ridicule, insults and name calling.
    > >
    > > <snip>
    >
    > <snip>

    I, too, must apologize, if I've offended anyone, EXCEPT THOSE
    TO WHOM MY POST WAS DIRECTED.

    There are people in this world, who seem to get some perverted
    pleasure in annoying others. That's all they do. The more you
    ask these people to stop, the more they attempt to annoy you.

    I usually don't like to killfile these people, as, occasionally,
    they have something of value to say... If you only listen to
    people with the same ideas as you, you'll never learn anything and,
    quite frankly, life would be pretty boring.

    In this case, however, I can't see myself suffering, in the least,
    by killfiling.

    For the most part, this newsgroup has been a great source of
    information. Not only Dell information, but information about computers,
    in general, and, quite often, information about completely OT topics.

    It's healthy to disagree with others. If we didn't, we'd certainly
    become more complacent. But, there are those times where enough is
    enough.

    I'm headed off to expand my killfile. Life's too sort, not to.

    Again, my apologies for any collateral damage.

    Notan
  36. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > Well I don't know what "parts" you're from, but where I come from Goobers
    > are "roasted whole peanuts covered with rich NESTLÉ milk chocolate, which
    > tastes the way you expect great chocolate should taste".
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."

    You forgot, "stop by your local grocer and pick up a box today!"

    Yes, there are even Goobers at your favorite cinema concession.

    In fact, Goobers are about the least offensive thing in this entire thread.

    Cheers,

    Stew
  37. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    <snip>

    > Again, my apologies for any collateral damage.
    >
    > Notan

    Surgical strike. This isn't the chinese embassy in Belgrade, 1999.

    Neutron post.

    Stew
  38. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say that
    the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer Pyle's
    friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly hat?

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    > > Well I don't know what "parts" you're from, but where I come from
    Goobers
    > > are "roasted whole peanuts covered with rich NESTLÉ milk chocolate,
    which
    > > tastes the way you expect great chocolate should taste".
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ted Zieglar
    > > "You can do it if you try."
    > >

    > You forgot, "stop by your local grocer and pick up a box today!"
    >
    > Yes, there are even Goobers at your favorite cinema concession.
    >
    > In fact, Goobers are about the least offensive thing in this entire
    thread.

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Stew

  39. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Ted Zieglar wrote:

    > As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say that
    > the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer Pyle's
    > friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly hat?
    >
    > <snip>

    Actually, Goober is/was Gomer's cousin.

    Notan
  40. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Administrator wrote:

    > <snip>

    > Nope, Tom, I cannot take credit for that one (not that I would want to).
    > I don't insult people in that manner. I have never used profanity in my
    > posts either. Yes, I call 5-8 people on this group DellBots, but that's
    > about the extent of it. It's all in fun, but some of the language (ex.
    > Noton) and insults are getting a bit inappropriate.

    In the words of a great man, "If you don't like it, leave."

    Notan
  41. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Shazam, shazam, shazam!

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    > Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > >
    > > As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say
    that
    > > the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer
    Pyle's
    > > friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly
    hat?

    > > <snip>
    >
    > Actually, Goober is/was Gomer's cousin.
    >
    > Notan
  42. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Notan wrote:
    > Administrator wrote:
    >
    >><snip>
    >

    >>Nope, Tom, I cannot take credit for that one (not that I would want to).
    >>I don't insult people in that manner. I have never used profanity in my
    >>posts either. Yes, I call 5-8 people on this group DellBots, but that's
    >>about the extent of it. It's all in fun, but some of the language (ex.
    >>Noton) and insults are getting a bit inappropriate.
    >

    > In the words of a great man, "If you don't like it, leave."
    >
    > Notan
    Unfortunately for you, you are not the great man. Your not even in the
    ballpark!
  43. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > Ted Zieglar wrote:
    >>
    >> As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say
    >> that
    >> the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer Pyle's
    >> friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly hat?
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >
    > Actually, Goober is/was Gomer's cousin.
    >
    > Notan

    This is correct, though he wasn't half the "wrench" that Gomer was, which
    is *sayin* something. :)

    Stew
  44. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say
    > that
    > the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer Pyle's
    > friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly hat?
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."

    Speaking of that hat, I'm not sure if he wore it before "Jughead" (of
    'Jughead and Archie' the comic strip) or was emulating him - or whether that
    was just a cool beans -boffo - boss hat for that 1950's era.

    ?

    Saw a guy wearing one at work several weeks ago (made of felt) and it made
    me chuckle, which was the desired response.

    Stew
  45. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    >> As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to
    >> say that
    >> the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer
    >> Pyle's friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that
    >> silly hat?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ted Zieglar
    >> "You can do it if you try."
    >>

    > Speaking of that hat, I'm not sure if he wore it before "Jughead" (of
    > 'Jughead and Archie' the comic strip) or was emulating him - or
    > whether that was just a cool beans -boffo - boss hat for that 1950's
    > era.

    Jughead (and his hat) have been in Archie comics since the early '40s.
    Any Griffith Show was early-to-mid'60s.

    Wasn't there a minor villain on the old Batman series of the '60s that
    wore the same hat also ?

    - FM -
  46. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Well, bugger off anyway. Something is fun or funny if and only if both parties
    think so. Your comments are not fun, even if you think so... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:57:13 -0400, Administrator <quemandd@msn.com> wrote:

    >Notan wrote:
    >> Administrator wrote:
    >>
    >>><snip>
    >>

    >>>Nope, Tom, I cannot take credit for that one (not that I would want to).
    >>>I don't insult people in that manner. I have never used profanity in my
    >>>posts either. Yes, I call 5-8 people on this group DellBots, but that's
    >>>about the extent of it. It's all in fun, but some of the language (ex.
    >>>Noton) and insults are getting a bit inappropriate.
    >>

    >> In the words of a great man, "If you don't like it, leave."
    >>
    >> Notan
    >Unfortunately for you, you are not the great man. Your not even in the
    >ballpark!
  47. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene wrote:

    > .
    > Like I said, nothing has changed. The hallmarks of this group, ridicule,
    > insults, and name calling. And Oh, yes, as Notan clearly demonstrated---foul
    > language.
    >
    > <snip>

    And, yet, you insist on returning.

    Hmmm.

    Notan
  48. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    S.Lewis wrote:

    >>Well I don't know what "parts" you're from, but where I come from Goobers
    >>are "roasted whole peanuts covered with rich NESTLÉ milk chocolate, which
    >>tastes the way you expect great chocolate should taste".
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ted Zieglar
    >>"You can do it if you try."
    >>

    > You forgot, "stop by your local grocer and pick up a box today!"
    >
    > Yes, there are even Goobers at your favorite cinema concession.
    >
    > In fact, Goobers are about the least offensive thing in this entire thread.

    Except we were discussing (and I use the term loosely) "goobers", not
    "Goobers" (c).
  49. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Ted Zieglar wrote:

    > As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say that
    > the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer Pyle's
    > friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly hat?

    No, he was effect, not cause.

Dell Computers