Best way to connect xBox and PS2 to existing Netgear WGR61..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

OK,

Have read many posts on subject of using xbox 802.11g adapter with
wireless network. My son has both both an xbox and ps2 and wants to
sign up for xbox multiplayer, however I want to also anticipate his
future multi-gaming interest on the PS2. Would I be better off
purchasing an 802.11g bridge and giving myself the flexibility to
connect multiple gaming machines rather than a single point solution
like the xbox adapter? If so, has anyone done this and what we're
your challenges, experiences?

If using a wireless 802.11g bridge with my netgear 802.11g router,
should I stick with netgear or is there a better 802.11g bridge I
should consider for use with the Netgear that performs better / easier
in some way?

If you believe the simplicity of sticking with an xbox adapter is the
way to go, please let me know.

Thanks!

bradesp

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

My thought is go with the right adapter for the right console. I have used
the MN-740 Xbox adapter with Xbox (my daughters don't care to go live with
PS2), and simply have it connect through the regular base station/router
(which at the moment is a Linksys WRT55AG, serving 802.11a/b/g computers).
I wouldn't go to the extra expense. Even with as many as five normally, and
sometimes seven systems online plus the Xbox, I haven't had any bandwidth
issues with my DSL 1544/128 connection.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"bradesp" <bradesp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> Have read many posts on subject of using xbox 802.11g adapter with
> wireless network. My son has both both an xbox and ps2 and wants to
> sign up for xbox multiplayer, however I want to also anticipate his
> future multi-gaming interest on the PS2. Would I be better off
> purchasing an 802.11g bridge and giving myself the flexibility to
> connect multiple gaming machines rather than a single point solution
> like the xbox adapter? If so, has anyone done this and what we're
> your challenges, experiences?
>
> If using a wireless 802.11g bridge with my netgear 802.11g router,
> should I stick with netgear or is there a better 802.11g bridge I
> should consider for use with the Netgear that performs better / easier
> in some way?
>
> If you believe the simplicity of sticking with an xbox adapter is the
> way to go, please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> bradesp

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

"bradesp" <bradesp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> Have read many posts on subject of using xbox 802.11g adapter with
> wireless network. My son has both both an xbox and ps2 and wants to
> sign up for xbox multiplayer, however I want to also anticipate his
> future multi-gaming interest on the PS2. Would I be better off
> purchasing an 802.11g bridge and giving myself the flexibility to
> connect multiple gaming machines rather than a single point solution
> like the xbox adapter? If so, has anyone done this and what we're
> your challenges, experiences?
>
> If using a wireless 802.11g bridge with my netgear 802.11g router,
> should I stick with netgear or is there a better 802.11g bridge I
> should consider for use with the Netgear that performs better / easier
> in some way?
>
> If you believe the simplicity of sticking with an xbox adapter is the
> way to go, please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> bradesp
I have the same router and just have it wired straight from the router to
the xbox. No need to go wireless if you dont need to.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

For me WGR614 and PS2 online was NO GO. Live worked fine, but half the PS2
games would not. None had voice either.

"bradesp" <bradesp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> Have read many posts on subject of using xbox 802.11g adapter with
> wireless network. My son has both both an xbox and ps2 and wants to
> sign up for xbox multiplayer, however I want to also anticipate his
> future multi-gaming interest on the PS2. Would I be better off
> purchasing an 802.11g bridge and giving myself the flexibility to
> connect multiple gaming machines rather than a single point solution
> like the xbox adapter? If so, has anyone done this and what we're
> your challenges, experiences?
>
> If using a wireless 802.11g bridge with my netgear 802.11g router,
> should I stick with netgear or is there a better 802.11g bridge I
> should consider for use with the Netgear that performs better / easier
> in some way?
>
> If you believe the simplicity of sticking with an xbox adapter is the
> way to go, please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> bradesp

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

"bradesp" <bradesp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> Have read many posts on subject of using xbox 802.11g adapter with
> wireless network. My son has both both an xbox and ps2 and wants to
> sign up for xbox multiplayer, however I want to also anticipate his
> future multi-gaming interest on the PS2. Would I be better off
> purchasing an 802.11g bridge and giving myself the flexibility to
> connect multiple gaming machines rather than a single point solution
> like the xbox adapter? If so, has anyone done this and what we're
> your challenges, experiences?
>
> If using a wireless 802.11g bridge with my netgear 802.11g router,
> should I stick with netgear or is there a better 802.11g bridge I
> should consider for use with the Netgear that performs better / easier
> in some way?

For wireless bridging it's important to stick with one brand. Although some
brands/models interoperate, there is no standard.

> If you believe the simplicity of sticking with an xbox adapter is the
> way to go, please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> bradesp

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.