E-mail verification

I hadn't used my Messenger for a while and when I signed in it signed in ok
but it said my e-mail address needed verification. when I clicked on the pop
up screen inthe lower right corner to 'verify' it said check my inbox for
mymail@whatever.com. when i did check my mail nothing was there. Now I can't
find ANYWHERE on ANY Messenger help page anything about 'verifying' an e-mail
address. It's almost as if there is no such thing!?!!?
1 answer Last reply
More about mail verification

    Danny,

    Please check your Spam/Bulk folder for emails from MSN (or passport.net).
    Sometimes it might just end up in the Spam/Bulk folder.

    FYI, the subject of that email should be: 'Please verify your Microsoft .NET
    Passport e-mail address'

    Copied from Help of Passport.net:

    ====
    a.. If you do not verify your e-mail address within the period of time
    specified in the message that appears when you sign in, you will no longer
    be able to use your .NET Passport.
    ====

    If you still do not receive any verification email, please contact
    Passport.net : http://register.passport.com/contactus.srf?lc=1033

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Jabez Gan
    Give me a chance, Let me help you!

    "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hadn't used my Messenger for a while and when I signed in it signed in ok
    > but it said my e-mail address needed verification. when I clicked on the
    > pop
    > up screen inthe lower right corner to 'verify' it said check my inbox for
    > mymail@whatever.com. when i did check my mail nothing was there. Now I
    > can't
    > find ANYWHERE on ANY Messenger help page anything about 'verifying' an
    > e-mail
    > address. It's almost as if there is no such thing!?!!?

Messenger Email Microsoft Windows XP