delete user accounts

dir sirs,

i followed the 5 steps to delete other user accounts on my
xp proffesional pc but i still can't delete the accounts.
I can the full list of the account names but still they are
stuck in the list even if i press the delete button for
several times. I am the administrator on my pc and i am the
only user. What can i try anymore. Thank you very much

ronny@chello.nl or ronny04@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about delete user accounts

    Greetings Ronny,

    I assume since you're from NL that you're running the Dutch version of Windows XP? If so,
    this is a known bug and affects all current versions.

    If you haven't upgraded to the latest versions of Windows, you'll need to remove all the
    passports by simply removing your Credentials file (all your saved Passports will be
    removed). To do so, click Start, then Run, type:
    %appdata%\microsoft\Credentials
    and then click OK.
    Then in the folder that appears you'll see another folder with a very long name, right click
    this folder, choose Delete, then confirm the operation. You'll then need to reboot to see
    the change.

    Otherwise, the only thing you can do is use a different profile or remove the saving of .NET
    Passports entirely by download and running the following .reg file:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/disablenetcreds.reg
    You'll need to reboot to see the change.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Ronny04" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > dir sirs,
    >
    > i followed the 5 steps to delete other user accounts on my
    > xp proffesional pc but i still can't delete the accounts.
    > I can the full list of the account names but still they are
    > stuck in the list even if i press the delete button for
    > several times. I am the administrator on my pc and i am the
    > only user. What can i try anymore. Thank you very much
    >
    > ronny@chello.nl or ronny04@hotmail.com

Messenger Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP