Buying a Intel Seattle SE440BX-2 Mobo.. any ideas?

Im looking at buying an Intel Seattle SE440BX-2 - PII / PIII Slot 1 up to 850Mhz ATX 66/100Mhz M/B to go with my slot 3 PIII :
450/512/100/2.0
09280523-0346 costa rica

dont know much bout the Pentiums, I like Athlons's myself, but its for the family comp that just died. I had a spare cpu from a trade for misc parts that works, so figured I could go with that. Will this work with the Mobo? and is the mobo any good? its brand new in box, im just looking for known problems ($37 seems too good to be true...)

thanks

lone

_____

Crashing takes a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s.
5 answers Last reply
More about buying intel seattle se440bx mobo ideas
  1. This is a very stable, reliable motherboard. The bios does not give many options. So you can not screw up much. If you want a good stable system for the family to use, with a minimum of fuss setting up this board is for you.

I aint signing nothing!!!
  2. I had this motherboard before. It is very stable and did not give me any problem.
  3. You can get a Soyo SY-BA+III from justdeals.com for $39. This is a great board, with more features, I can run my PIII 1000EB at 1125 on mine.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  4. Thanx for the info guys, gonna go with the Intel, never delt with Soyo, so Ill stick to something a bit more familiar. And this comp is gonna mainly run office and internet explorer.. dont need that many options. But thanx again

Azzy

Crashing takes a whole new meaning at 9.8 m/s.
  5. That is great price.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel ATX Product