Cant download messenger

I have been trying and trying to download windows messenger or msn messenger
and nothing seems to work.... it says i cant n this message comes up :S whats
wrong with it... i just got windows xp put on my computer yesterday.... can
anyone help me? i have a dsl connection and can download some other stuff but
some stuff just like the messengers wont download....

Please post full error message..if not, it's very hard for us to help you