Good stbale motherboard of a server?

dpaige

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
I looking for a motherboard to build a server using a 600mhz CPU. Which chip it uses doesn't matter I just want the most stable motherboard from uses a Pentium or Athlon chip. I've heard the MSI K7T Pro Mobo is very stable(not the fastest) but stable. Any sugestions? AMD or INTEL.

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
looking for stable, check out supermicro's boards. i will probably be picking up my second supermicro this week.

Windows XP cd makes a great coaster :smile:

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
If you are looking for Stable server board I would recommend anything that Tyan makes, as they are one of the leaders in producing server boards. Tyan also has many options at reasonable prices. You can get a dual Pentium board form them for only $109 at most places. They have one major weakness and that is that they will not allow you to overclock anything.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Before you go checking out the latest greastest dual processor, supermicro et al.... Just what are you going to serve and in what enviorment?

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!

dpaige

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
This will be a multi-purpose server. I'll probably do a little of everything. FTP, Game Server, etc. My main priority is for testing server software betas from work, repackaging software for network rollout, or installing server trial software that we might consider puchasing. I was thinking about buying a low end Dell server with a dual cpu (with scsi) for around $800. I only get it with one cpu and mayeb a second in a year or 2. Because I will not install any of Microsoft's buggy betas on my main PC.