used computer windows messenger probs

I bought my friend's computer the other day. I have it
now set up with broadband, the same as he had it. I had
to download the MSN Messenger from MSN.com, and filled
out the new .NET passport for myself. I can't get the old
profile off of the messenger. I un-installed MSN
messenger and d/l it again. Same result. Having problems
with it, and it's annoying. I can change the name in my
profile, but that only appears to others when i'm online.
When i'm not, the old email address of my friend is what
appears. What should I do?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007