Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Argghh! Love It/ Hate It. Finally had enough of both (I th..

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 6:10:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

How do you stand the tedium?
Why is RvR limited to level 35, then level 50? Everything else is DEAD. Always!
Cale was great! but I won't go from 38 (friar) to 50 for more RvR fun.
My lil theurgy would be fun in cale, but she's only 25, and even 10 levels of
this "sit and watch the little yellow bar" is way too much!

Aw man. This game has sooo much potential. So many things are so good...
But the repetetive 5,5,2 (*3 for 3 kills), sit,sit,sit,sit,sit,sit, 5,5,2 (or
whatever hotkeys:)  is killing my enjoyment. Hours upon hours sunk into alchemy
probably didn't help either. I took off a couple months after hitting 36 cuz I
could no longer break up the monotony with a Cale run. Now I'm (almost) ready
to quit.

Sorry for the rant friends. Really, I am. But I hate to quit this (almost)
great game without b!tching some first, and I won't do it in-game.

When I was loving it, I always thought the whiners very childish...
So FLAME AWAY. And most of all keep having fun...I wish I still could...

More about : argghh love hate finally

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 10:45:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"Perril the Friar" <tedium@repetetive.com> wrote in message
<snippity snip>
> When I was loving it, I always thought the whiners very childish...
> So FLAME AWAY. And most of all keep having fun...I wish I still could...

Do what I did - take a break, then watch some DAoC Movies, then watch some
adverts, then see it in the shops, then realise no matter how tedious
something was, you want it again (and again and again)...

Look on the bright side - the new expansion will have BG's all the way from
level one! "Lvl 2 Crush Fighter LFG!"

Of course, there is always Avalon City... I've had my friar in there the
last couple of days and people actually trust me to be the HEALER! First
warning they get is "I only have 11 Rejuvination", but they don't mind. The
army of clerics in the entrance are all Buff Bots - even the Necromancers
have them now!! I think people are surprised to see an actual person that
can actually heal. They'd probably take my Cabby with Transfer Life (or
whatever it's called) JUST for the healing!!

Good luck, and hope you see the Good through the Bad soon!

=====
Thanks!
Dan English
Officer, The Dragon-Fighter

Alb/Excalibur
<insert army of toons>
<The Dragon-Fighters>
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 12:48:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hi,

The New Frontiers DL will fix the Battlegrounds issue. There will be
level specific BGs all the way from 1 to 50.

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Perril the Friar wrote:

> How do you stand the tedium?
> Why is RvR limited to level 35, then level 50? Everything else is DEAD. Always!
> Cale was great! but I won't go from 38 (friar) to 50 for more RvR fun.
> My lil theurgy would be fun in cale, but she's only 25, and even 10 levels of
> this "sit and watch the little yellow bar" is way too much!
>
> Aw man. This game has sooo much potential. So many things are so good...
> But the repetetive 5,5,2 (*3 for 3 kills), sit,sit,sit,sit,sit,sit, 5,5,2 (or
> whatever hotkeys:)  is killing my enjoyment. Hours upon hours sunk into alchemy
> probably didn't help either. I took off a couple months after hitting 36 cuz I
> could no longer break up the monotony with a Cale run. Now I'm (almost) ready
> to quit.
>
> Sorry for the rant friends. Really, I am. But I hate to quit this (almost)
> great game without b!tching some first, and I won't do it in-game.
>
> When I was loving it, I always thought the whiners very childish...
> So FLAME AWAY. And most of all keep having fun...I wish I still could...

May 25, 2004 7:09:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Accidentally sent this to Perril instead of to the group

New Frontiers, Leveling, and the new Battlegrounds
Posted By: Matt Firor 2004-05-21 16:28:53

Sharp-eyed readers of the 1.70x patch notes over the last few days have
noticed a series of disparate items that, when matched together, point to a
great new addition to Dark Age of Camelot: you now have the option of
gaining experience via RvR or PvE at any time on your journey from level 1
to 50. We are adding all-new Battlegrounds, raising the experienced gained
for killing other players, and making other changes that give players
options in how they accrue experience.

These Battleground changes are all part of New Frontiers, our free RvR
expansion. Here's a list of the new additions to the game. These new
features have all been made in the 1.70 patch cycle, which is still in
testing on Pendragon. They will go live when New Frontiers launches.

You now get 8x experience for killing another player, compared to the amount
of experience on normal servers up until now. This is now the same amount of
experience gained for killing any enemy as on Mordred, the PvP-only server.

There are new Battlegrounds for all levels up to 45. These are 1-4, 5-9,
10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, and 40-44. So, there will always
be a place where you can go engage in RvR, no matter your level - if you are
level 45+, of course, you'll be going to the New Frontiers. You are not
limited to these Battlegrounds - just like always, if you want to go out to
the New Frontiers and engage in full-scale RvR, you are welcome to attempt
to do so at any level.

You can stay in any of the Battlegrounds for as long as you wish, provided
you don't level out of them. Players 15th level and above still accrue Realm
Points for engaging in Battleground RvR, but now, once you've hit your cap,
you are not barred from the Battleground - instead, you just won't accrue
more until you attain enough experience to level up to the next
Battleground.

The new level 1-4 Battleground starts out with very basic terrain and
objectives. Each successive Battleground adds new features and objectives,
such as keeps, towers, water, boats, etc.

The end result of all these changes is that players of Dark Age of Camelot,
through the New Frontiers expansion, have the option of engaging in PvE OR
RvR to gain levels. No longer will you have to wait to level 15 to be able
to enjoy the thrill of fighting against other players in Dark Age of
Camelot - now you can do it from day one of your character's existence.

> Why is RvR limited to level 35, then level 50? Everything else is DEAD.
Always!
> Cale was great! but I won't go from 38 (friar) to 50 for more RvR fun.
> My lil theurgy would be fun in cale, but she's only 25, and even 10 levels
of
> this "sit and watch the little yellow bar" is way too much!
>
> Aw man. This game has sooo much potential. So many things are so good...
> But the repetetive 5,5,2 (*3 for 3 kills), sit,sit,sit,sit,sit,sit, 5,5,2
(or
> whatever hotkeys:)  is killing my enjoyment. Hours upon hours sunk into
alchemy
> probably didn't help either. I took off a couple months after hitting 36
cuz I
> could no longer break up the monotony with a Cale run. Now I'm (almost)
ready
> to quit.
>
> Sorry for the rant friends. Really, I am. But I hate to quit this (almost)
> great game without b!tching some first, and I won't do it in-game.
>
> When I was loving it, I always thought the whiners very childish...
> So FLAME AWAY. And most of all keep having fun...I wish I still could...

"Perril the Friar" <tedium@repetetive.com> wrote in message
> How do you stand the tedium?
> Why is RvR limited to level 35, then level 50? Everything else is DEAD.
Always!
> Cale was great! but I won't go from 38 (friar) to 50 for more RvR fun.
> My lil theurgy would be fun in cale, but she's only 25, and even 10 levels
of
> this "sit and watch the little yellow bar" is way too much!
>
> Aw man. This game has sooo much potential. So many things are so good...
> But the repetetive 5,5,2 (*3 for 3 kills), sit,sit,sit,sit,sit,sit, 5,5,2
(or
> whatever hotkeys:)  is killing my enjoyment. Hours upon hours sunk into
alchemy
> probably didn't help either. I took off a couple months after hitting 36
cuz I
> could no longer break up the monotony with a Cale run. Now I'm (almost)
ready
> to quit.
>
> Sorry for the rant friends. Really, I am. But I hate to quit this (almost)
> great game without b!tching some first, and I won't do it in-game.
>
> When I was loving it, I always thought the whiners very childish...
> So FLAME AWAY. And most of all keep having fun...I wish I still could...

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 1:24:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

That's very good news. Thanks for sharing it.

I still wonder though, there are already BG's at lower levels, but everyone
seems to /30 right past 'em (I'm guessing- all I really know is that they're
empty and only really good for an extremely high camp bonus on the handfull of
mobs). On the bright side- I own Murdaigean -It's MINE. I don't need a house;)

If there is some hope of these BG's having actual players, then I am grateful
indeed.

And I should try a PvP server I suppose. Any way for my Friar to help out a new
toon on that server (as in lots of power potions to stare at the yellow bar
less)?

"Maggdalena" <Maggdalena_is@adelphia.net> wrote:
>Accidentally sent this to Perril instead of to the group
>
>New Frontiers, Leveling, and the new Battlegrounds
>Posted By: Matt Firor 2004-05-21 16:28:53
>

>Sharp-eyed readers of the 1.70x patch notes over the last few days have
>noticed a series of disparate items that, when matched together, point to a
>great new addition to Dark Age of Camelot: you now have the option of
>gaining experience via RvR or PvE at any time on your journey from level 1
>to 50. We are adding all-new Battlegrounds, raising the experienced gained
>for killing other players, and making other changes that give players
>options in how they accrue experience.
>
>These Battleground changes are all part of New Frontiers, our free RvR
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 3:29:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

In article <4bGdnVtOF6aaBy7dRVn-sA@adelphia.com>, during a brief moment
of lucidity, Maggdalena_is@adelphia.net says...
> Accidentally sent this to Perril instead of to the group
>
> New Frontiers, Leveling, and the new Battlegrounds
> Posted By: Matt Firor 2004-05-21 16:28:53
>

> Sharp-eyed readers of the 1.70x patch notes over the last few days have
> noticed a series of disparate items that, when matched together, point to a
> great new addition to Dark Age of Camelot: you now have the option of
> gaining experience via RvR or PvE at any time on your journey from level 1
> to 50. We are adding all-new Battlegrounds, raising the experienced gained
> for killing other players, and making other changes that give players
> options in how they accrue experience.
>
> These Battleground changes are all part of New Frontiers, our free RvR
> expansion. Here's a list of the new additions to the game. These new
> features have all been made in the 1.70 patch cycle, which is still in
> testing on Pendragon. They will go live when New Frontiers launches.

<snip>

Not sure if i'm keen on the death penalties introduced with last night's
patch 1.70S to pendragron.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1495.shtml

"RvR Death Penalty System

As part of the New Frontiers expansion and based on player feedback, we
have decided to change the way our death penalty works in RVR combat. The
existing system often results in gameplay with very little strategy,
where people mindlessly fling themselves at a target over and over.
Enemies are rarely worth realm points after the first few minutes, and
all around it=3Fs not very interesting or fun. The new system allows the
player to make strategic decisions, gives more value to player
resurrection, and provides an incentive to strategize attacks rather than
relying on =3Fthe zerg rush.=3F We will obviously be watching the feedback
closely, and we will make adjustments as necessary. There is plenty of
discussion and varied opinions on this subject here at Mythic, and we
look forward to your feedback helping us to make the final decisions.

- There is now a 20 second timer before a player can release (via the
command /release) from an RvR death.

- If a player releases from an RvR death, a RvR Death Sickness is applied
to the character. This Death Sickness lasts for three minutes and is
incurable (with one exception, Restore the Soul). Please note that this
is completely separate death sickness from the current PvE death
sickness, which will remain in-game for PvE deaths. And, as always, the
PvE death sickness will be curable at a Healer.

- If a player is resurrected from an RvR death, a much shorter RvR Death
Sickness is applied to the character. This Death Sickness lasts up to 30
seconds and is incurable (except with Perfect Recovery). The duration of
this Sickness can be reduced by the type of resurrection spell used.
Currently:

Tier 1 Resurrection - 26 seconds
Tier 2 Resurrection - 23 seconds
Tier 3 Resurrection - 13 seconds
Perfect Recovery - 0 seconds (again, this should have no RvR Death
Sickness)

(Edit to add - these are spec line rez spells.)

- Both resurrection Death Sickness and /release Death Sickness can be
completely cured by the Master Level 8 Perfector ability, Restore the
Soul.

- With a single Death Sickness (resurrected or released based Sickness),
the player will get a 20% decrease in offensive power and a 20% movement
rate reduction. Multiple Death Sicknesses can stack with each other, for
cumulative effects. In other words, if the player dies a second time
while still bearing the icon for Death Sickness, he will have two icons,
his movement will be decreased by 40%, and suffer a 40% decrease in
offensive power - at least until the first icon drops.

Realm Points and Player Deaths

- For five minutes after any death (RvR or PvE death), the player will
receive a 50% reduction to realm points gained for enemy realm kills. In
other words, if you have recently died, you will be limited in your
ability to earn realm points. (Again, we are looking forward to player
feedback, and as this is Pendragon, this is not necessarily the final
system.)

- For five minutes after any death (RvR or PvE death), the player's realm
point "worth" (the amount of realm points received when this player is
killed by another player) is reduced by 75%. In other words, recently
killed targets are now worth 25% more than they have been in the past,
AND the time limit is half as long as it is on live servers. (Again, we
are looking forward to player feedback, and as this is Pendragon, this is
not necessarily the final system.)"
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 3:29:08 PM

"Mal Franks" <spampit@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Not sure if i'm keen on the death penalties introduced with last night's
> patch 1.70S to pendragron.

I wasn't real pleased with these proposed changes either. Hopefully they'll
be tweaked a bit before they hit the live servers.

Maggdalena
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 6:04:18 PM

"HarlesG" <HarlesG@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D nHtc.67048$cz5.27537665@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

> Wassup!!

the sky, the price of petrol, ceilings.... hehehe

You a Euro-Player, or US?

Dan
<insert random list of characters, levels and servers...>