cannot access hotmail from messenger window

March 30, 2005 7:35:02 AM

After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
instead of opening the hotmail page.

I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.

I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.

At the Norton page I could not find any answer.

What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:36:07 AM

Greetings,

It sounds like you might have spyware/malware of some kind installed. You may want to use
Microsoft AntiSpyware to remove such things:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/softwa...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Begoña" <Begoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
> account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
> that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
> address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
> instead of opening the hotmail page.
>
> I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
> Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.
>
> I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
> problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.
>
> At the Norton page I could not find any answer.
>
> What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 6:43:02 AM

I tried Microsoft AntiSpyware recommended by you and it seems it has worked.
I don't want to be too happy about it yet, I think I am dreaming and I am
going to wake up soon.

Thank you so much for your help.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It sounds like you might have spyware/malware of some kind installed. You may want to use
> Microsoft AntiSpyware to remove such things:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/softwa...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Begoña" <Begoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
> > account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
> > that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
> > address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
> > instead of opening the hotmail page.
> >
> > I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
> > Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.
> >
> > I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
> > problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.
> >
> > At the Norton page I could not find any answer.
> >
> > What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:11:13 PM

Hi,

*pokes*