cannot access hotmail from messenger window

After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
instead of opening the hotmail page.

I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.

I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.

At the Norton page I could not find any answer.

What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot access hotmail messenger window

    Greetings,

    It sounds like you might have spyware/malware of some kind installed. You may want to use
    Microsoft AntiSpyware to remove such things:
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Begoña" <Begoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
    > account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
    > that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
    > address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
    > instead of opening the hotmail page.
    >
    > I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
    > Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.
    >
    > I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
    > problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.
    >
    > At the Norton page I could not find any answer.
    >
    > What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?

    I tried Microsoft AntiSpyware recommended by you and it seems it has worked.
    I don't want to be too happy about it yet, I think I am dreaming and I am
    going to wake up soon.

    Thank you so much for your help.

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > It sounds like you might have spyware/malware of some kind installed. You may want to use
    > Microsoft AntiSpyware to remove such things:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Begoña" <Begoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
    > > account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
    > > that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
    > > address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
    > > instead of opening the hotmail page.
    > >
    > > I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
    > > Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.
    > >
    > > I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
    > > problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.
    > >
    > > At the Norton page I could not find any answer.
    > >
    > > What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?

    Hi,

    *pokes*

    You're still awake :)

    >I tried Microsoft AntiSpyware recommended by you and it seems it has worked.
    > I don't want to be too happy about it yet, I think I am dreaming and I am
    > going to wake up soon.
    >
    > Thank you so much for your help.
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> It sounds like you might have spyware/malware of some kind installed. You may want to use
    >> Microsoft AntiSpyware to remove such things:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    >>
    >> "Begoña" <Begoa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > After installing Norton Internet Security I cannot access directly my hotmail
    >> > account from the messenger window. First I always got this "XXX porno page"
    >> > that I could only open it but the "exit" did not work. I blocked the IP
    >> > address for this page but now I get the "Cannot open this page" message,
    >> > instead of opening the hotmail page.
    >> >
    >> > I can only get to my hotmail account through messenger by turning off the
    >> > Security for a moment. I know this is not the best solution.
    >> >
    >> > I changed the options of Norton Internet Security trying to solve this
    >> > problem, but I don't seem to find the correct options.
    >> >
    >> > At the Norton page I could not find any answer.
    >> >
    >> > What can I do to solve this? Can anyone help?

Internet Security Hotmail Messenger Norton Windows XP