how to Disable .net passport in windows messener 5.1

We are using Windows Messenger 5.1 with Live Communications 2005. Is there a
way of editing the registry to disable the .NET passport account funtionality
of the Windows Messenger client without affection the SIP communications
service account. We would like to not have users configuring Windows
Messenger with there .net accounts.

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about disable passport windows messener

    I found this info that was posted by somebody elso last year which solved my
    problem:

    Dependent upon the version of Live Communications Server that you have,
    there is an .adm template that you can use in a GPO. The RTCClient.adm
    template is either "installed" on the server (LCS 2005), or available on the
    LCS 2003 CD.

    There is a template called RTCClient.adm. This template is located in
    your %windir%/inf directory (generally C:\Windows\Inf) on the LCS server and
    on any server/workstation where the LCS 2005 administrative tools are
    instaled.

    If you installed the tools on your domain controllers, then it should be
    right there and ready to use. Otherwise, you may need to copy it up. Note:
    I prefer to create a new GPO, remove all of the other templates, and then
    add the RTCClient.adm template. ...not a best practice, just a preference.

    Bob

    "RG" wrote:

    > We are using Windows Messenger 5.1 with Live Communications 2005. Is there a
    > way of editing the registry to disable the .NET passport account funtionality
    > of the Windows Messenger client without affection the SIP communications
    > service account. We would like to not have users configuring Windows
    > Messenger with there .net accounts.
    >
    > thanks

    Yup...

    Glad that it helped!

    =^)

    "RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I found this info that was posted by somebody elso last year which solved
    my
    > problem:
    >
    > Dependent upon the version of Live Communications Server that you have,
    > there is an .adm template that you can use in a GPO. The RTCClient.adm
    > template is either "installed" on the server (LCS 2005), or available on
    the
    > LCS 2003 CD.
    >
    > There is a template called RTCClient.adm. This template is located in
    > your %windir%/inf directory (generally C:\Windows\Inf) on the LCS server
    and
    > on any server/workstation where the LCS 2005 administrative tools are
    > instaled.
    >
    > If you installed the tools on your domain controllers, then it should be
    > right there and ready to use. Otherwise, you may need to copy it up.
    Note:
    > I prefer to create a new GPO, remove all of the other templates, and then
    > add the RTCClient.adm template. ...not a best practice, just a
    preference.

    > Bob
    >

    > "RG" wrote:
    >
    > > We are using Windows Messenger 5.1 with Live Communications 2005. Is
    there a
    > > way of editing the registry to disable the .NET passport account
    funtionality
    > > of the Windows Messenger client without affection the SIP communications
    > > service account. We would like to not have users configuring Windows
    > > Messenger with there .net accounts.
    > >
    > > thanks

Communications Messenger Windows XP