I cant turn the power on i need help plz

G

I just got a ASUS a7v266-e board yesterday, along with a AXP 1700+, and a MSI GeForce4 440. This morning I put it all together and went to hit the power button and ................nothing. F*@# *^%$#%% %&$$^. Sat back looked thought the manual and found nothing i missed. The on board LED comes on and the fans spin for a sec when it's plug in, but the damn thing just won't turn on. Are there any jumpers or anything that need to be moved from the default settings, or what? Can ne1 give any useful suggestions. I wrote an email to ASUS tech support, but i have no idea how long that will take so I'm turning to all of you here at THG. T.I.A.

any suggestions are welcome

P.s. that's my signiture on the bottom and it's beeen there for about a week or two. mabey I have ESP

p.p.s. The phone # in the manual is "+886-2-2890-7121". Is that a toll free # or am i going to have to cut off a limb to pay for the call

Where the hell is the power botton on this damned thing!!!

Tiberius13

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
Did you try powering up the system before you mounted the motherboard in the case? Maybe it is shorting out somewhere... ? Running it outside the case might be a good first test for it I guess....

Also, double checking the the wiring for the power on features to make sure it is properly hooked up on the motherboard never hurts... good luck!

G

I'd like to go on the record as stating "I'm a dumb ass!"

The pwr sw was not the right way but tyhank you for the help

Where the hell is the power botton on this damned thing!!!

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
does your power supply put out enough volts? and check if u've correctly connected the power and reset wire and all the other wires to your motherboard.

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
Don't feel bad......I have had a 2 week nightmare putting together this box.I had your same problem until I remembered the secondary switch on the inside of the server case.Turned it on,and voillaaa..lol

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.