MSN messenger setup ERROR code '1603'

Hey People!!!
i need urgent help!! i cant figure out whats going on!!
i tried to install the new Msn BETA 7 version and during the installation
this message comes up -
'Microsoft.Window.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",version="5.2.3.3",publicKeyeToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchitecture="x86".Please
refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.
I thought i just had to delete MSN 6.2 and i tried again, and its still
doesnt work, so when i tried to install back MSN 6.2 and the same message
comes up!!! now i cant use any version of messenger part from signing it on
emessenger through the web!!

I sent MSN help desk a message but no reply, I would appreciate any help
from anyone who can assist me in fixing this problem!!

Many Thanks!!!!!

Jon
6 answers Last reply
More about messenger setup error code 1603

    Greetings Jon,

    Do you have AdWatch (part of Adaware) or any other application which monitors things which
    are installing? If so, disable them and then try installing.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Jonny" <Jonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey People!!!
    > i need urgent help!! i cant figure out whats going on!!
    > i tried to install the new Msn BETA 7 version and during the installation
    > this message comes up -
    > 'Microsoft.Window.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",version="5.2.3.3",publicKeyeToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchitecture="x86".Please
    > refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.
    > I thought i just had to delete MSN 6.2 and i tried again, and its still
    > doesnt work, so when i tried to install back MSN 6.2 and the same message
    > comes up!!! now i cant use any version of messenger part from signing it on
    > emessenger through the web!!
    >
    > I sent MSN help desk a message but no reply, I would appreciate any help
    > from anyone who can assist me in fixing this problem!!
    >
    > Many Thanks!!!!!
    >
    > Jon

    Hey there

    thanks for your reply, although i cant seem to find any adwares on my
    computer or application which monitors me when im installing programs, i dont
    think there are any programs runing cos i pressed ctrl+alt+delete to look at
    running application and nothing is present, is there a way to check if i got
    adwares or spyware????

    cheers

    jon

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Jon,
    >
    > Do you have AdWatch (part of Adaware) or any other application which monitors things which
    > are installing? If so, disable them and then try installing.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Jonny" <Jonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey People!!!
    > > i need urgent help!! i cant figure out whats going on!!
    > > i tried to install the new Msn BETA 7 version and during the installation
    > > this message comes up -
    > > 'Microsoft.Window.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",version="5.2.3.3",publicKeyeToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchitecture="x86".Please
    > > refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.
    > > I thought i just had to delete MSN 6.2 and i tried again, and its still
    > > doesnt work, so when i tried to install back MSN 6.2 and the same message
    > > comes up!!! now i cant use any version of messenger part from signing it on
    > > emessenger through the web!!
    > >
    > > I sent MSN help desk a message but no reply, I would appreciate any help
    > > from anyone who can assist me in fixing this problem!!
    > >
    > > Many Thanks!!!!!
    > >
    > > Jon

    DUde i have the same problem. but it was after ui uninstalled beta and
    reinstalled it again.
    and i need help too :(

    "Jonny" wrote:

    > Hey People!!!
    > i need urgent help!! i cant figure out whats going on!!
    > i tried to install the new Msn BETA 7 version and during the installation
    > this message comes up -
    > 'Microsoft.Window.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",version="5.2.3.3",publicKeyeToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchitecture="x86".Please
    > refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.
    > I thought i just had to delete MSN 6.2 and i tried again, and its still
    > doesnt work, so when i tried to install back MSN 6.2 and the same message
    > comes up!!! now i cant use any version of messenger part from signing it on
    > emessenger through the web!!
    >
    > I sent MSN help desk a message but no reply, I would appreciate any help
    > from anyone who can assist me in fixing this problem!!
    >
    > Many Thanks!!!!!
    >
    > Jon

    I need help too... i cant get messenger to intall on my computer.... i keep
    getting the error code 1603

    "im so cool.." wrote:

    > DUde i have the same problem. but it was after ui uninstalled beta and
    > reinstalled it again.
    > and i need help too :(
    >
    > "Jonny" wrote:
    >
    > > Hey People!!!
    > > i need urgent help!! i cant figure out whats going on!!
    > > i tried to install the new Msn BETA 7 version and during the installation
    > > this message comes up -
    > > 'Microsoft.Window.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",version="5.2.3.3",publicKeyeToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchitecture="x86".Please
    > > refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.
    > > I thought i just had to delete MSN 6.2 and i tried again, and its still
    > > doesnt work, so when i tried to install back MSN 6.2 and the same message
    > > comes up!!! now i cant use any version of messenger part from signing it on
    > > emessenger through the web!!
    > >
    > > I sent MSN help desk a message but no reply, I would appreciate any help
    > > from anyone who can assist me in fixing this problem!!
    > >
    > > Many Thanks!!!!!
    > >
    > > Jon

    HAHA okies seems like alot of people have this problem, i really dont have a
    clue how to fix this cos i scanned my computer for adwares and spywares but
    nothing was detected, but sometimes when im online ad popups keeps coming up
    and i dont know how to get rid of it
    Maybe its that popup thingy that is causing me problems in installing msn 7.0

    any ideas guys??

    cheers

    jon

    "FireMedic5320" wrote:

    > I need help too... i cant get messenger to intall on my computer.... i keep
    > getting the error code 1603
    >

    > "im so cool.." wrote:
    >
    > > DUde i have the same problem. but it was after ui uninstalled beta and
    > > reinstalled it again.
    > > and i need help too :(
    > >
    > > "Jonny" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hey People!!!
    > > > i need urgent help!! i cant figure out whats going on!!
    > > > i tried to install the new Msn BETA 7 version and during the installation
    > > > this message comes up -
    > > > 'Microsoft.Window.Networking.RtcDll,type="win32",version="5.2.3.3",publicKeyeToken="6595b64144ccf1df",processorArchitecture="x86".Please
    > > > refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.
    > > > I thought i just had to delete MSN 6.2 and i tried again, and its still
    > > > doesnt work, so when i tried to install back MSN 6.2 and the same message
    > > > comes up!!! now i cant use any version of messenger part from signing it on
    > > > emessenger through the web!!
    > > >
    > > > I sent MSN help desk a message but no reply, I would appreciate any help
    > > > from anyone who can assist me in fixing this problem!!
    > > >
    > > > Many Thanks!!!!!
    > > >
    > > > Jon

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    wlld cuz i do get alot of popups.. i also have norton anti virus.. and it
    wont let me uninstall that
    so idk..

    "jon" wrote:

    > HAHA okies seems like alot of people have this problem, i really dont have a
    > clue how to fix this cos i scanned my computer for adwares and spywares but
    > nothing was detected, but sometimes when im online ad popups keeps coming up
    > and i dont know how to get rid of it
    > Maybe its that popup thingy that is causing me problems in installing msn 7.0
    >
    > any ideas guys??
    >

    > cheers
    >
    > jon
    >

    > "FireMedic5320" wrote:
    >
    > > I need help too... i cant get messenger to intall on my computer.... i keep
    > > getting the error code 1603
    > >

    > > "im so cool.." wrote:
    > >
    > > > DUde i have the same problem. but it was after ui uninstalled beta and
    > > > reinstalled it again.
    > > > and i need help too :(

MSN Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP