Rumor: Apple to Launch Touchscreen iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedreadfather

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Of course this will be the best thing since sliced bread completely disregarding the fact that touchscreen PCs have been around for years.

mystoccowgod

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
[citation][nom]thedreadfather[/nom]Of course this will be the best thing since sliced bread completely disregarding the fact that touchscreen PCs have been around for years.[/citation]

so for you the highest scientific advance in the past 3000 years had been sliced bread.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Has anyone seen an all-in-one touchscreen from HP/DELL actually be used for anything useful besides a cash register?

I couldn't resist doomtomb... Fixed that for you...
[citation]iMac screams iTouchmyself.[/citation]

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]Rumor: Apple's Touchscreen iMac will be priced low making it afforadble.[/citation]

Rumor: sunflier has either a significant mental disability or has resided on a remote end of the galaxy for years in a row...

If this is sarcasm, it's a great one. If you're serious, just google the apple store.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Yes, i see them used all the time for playing card and board games and also used for receipes in the
Kitchen. Touch screens are the future as are 3D Tv's. Bring it on!

axekick

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Great, now a few years from now I will be debating the Apple-loyalists who will be claiming Microsoft stole the touch screen from Apple.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]impulse fire911[/nom]"buy apple's touchscreen with a intel Celeron and Nvidia 5900 FX for only 8999.99!!!!"[/citation]

Nah, I think I'll just build a sweet gaming pc with several large screens, a projector, and a sound system for my whole house.

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
At this rate, Apple is going to dominate the not too distant future of the Home Information System, where many rooms have computers, for different purposes all having networked storage and back up, with PC's just doing the grunt work of processing and storing apps locally. Apple unfortunately could do this easily with their purpose built hardware and software, where in the windows realm it's somewhat painful for the average user (win 7 has some useful features targeting this but haven't tried them yet, still have vista and don't intend on upgrading any time soon, not enough spare time). Potentially a good small business opportunity though.....Rather than just selling PC's sell the Home Information System and Services .

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
don't care for any touch computer, be it apple or some other company for that matter. why in the heck would you like to stare at your finger prints while surfing the web or watching a movie? i'll stick to the good old mouse which is much more accurate and don't have to wipe my monitor every freaking day. the touch feature for a cell phone is ok but not for a computer. i guess everyone is jumping on the touch bandwagon, lol, morons.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mystoccowgod[/nom]so for you the highest scientific advance in the past 3000 years had been sliced bread.[/citation]
But, I love sliced bread!
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]There are no new products to create. Only refinements remain.[/citation]
Sometimes, making a old product better is all you need.
You like that we run 3GHz quad core processors in our Crysis rigs instead of 1MHz processors, right?

Wouldn't mind having a 22" touch screen iMac in one of my local restaruants to order everything. (Also wouldn't mind having a 50" plasma and a 5GHz i7 with 12GB of DDR3 2133MHz to play Crysis while I wait for my order.)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Any chance Jane can actually do her job without people commenting on the crapness of the articles?

If you dont want to spend your valuable time reading spurious Apple rumours then pleae bypass the story completely and read the next one instead.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.