MB vote: Fastest, most stable, and best support

G

What MB do you think is the best?

I took a trip, so to speak, from THW for the past 2-3 months. So now I'm looking at buying a new computer in the next 2 weeks.

Can you guys clue me in on what MB(s) is/are the best right now (or in the next 2 weeks). I want to get the fastest one I can get, but I want it to be very stable. I don't need onboard sound because I'm getting a powerful soundcard: either Creamware Luna 2 or Motu 2408. You guys might not have heard of these, but I'm building a computer for audio/music purposes.

The KT333 isn't out yet, is it? Are those dual MBs any good?
I've always been a AMD fan, but now I'm keeping Intel open being that they don't seem to have stability issues.

I like this epox 4sda+ with raid and ata 133. It's not the fastest board (using ddram), but overclocks nicely. Running a 1.6a at 2.22 gigs (138 fsb at 1.575 volts) now at memory settings of 1T, case 2.5, and ultra. If you don't overclock, I would go with the athlon, and put more money into your video card, etc. I'm sticking with ddram, in case the hammer outperforms the p4 so I can switch back to amd.

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Hammer will outperform the P4, guaranteed. Whether it outperforms McKinley is another matter.

As for which motherboard, I just bought a 1.6A, Abit TH7II-RAID and 2x256MB sticks of Samsung double-sided RAM, for what it's worth. Working great so far, I've only had it up for a couple of days.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

pat

Expert
Having a stable MB means that you wont need the best support. Using the best support means that your MB is not stable...

cannot answer your question...sorry! :)

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

G

Thanks for the replies. But the Hammer isn't out yet is it? And I'm not much of an overclocker. I wonder if the Dual MBs are stable. That would be good to get one of those being that they seem to haul ass. But those aren't out yet either, right?

FatBurger

Illustrious
There are several dual AMD boards out, just check Pricewatch. Everyone I've talked to that has one says that they're rock solid.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!