Noob!

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.

We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
keyboard.

So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)

regards
Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Well a good 2 class group would be in the Midgaard realm with a Shaman
(healer,improve stats,offensive magic class) and a warrior class (take your
pick!) , so the shaman casts spells to "buff up" the warrior making him
better then he heals the warrior in combat so he can take on tougher than
normal monsters.

there is bound to be similar ones for the other realms (albion and hibernia)
but not played those!

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
>
> regards
> Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Well for mid, I would have to agree with the other poster.... A shaman
and some sortof tank would be best. The shaman mostly for the endurance
regen buff. Once you get about end3 you'll be able to style in melee
combat pretty much forever.

In hib I would say a bard and some kindof tank (hero, blademaster,
champion), or maybe even a Valewalker if you're into the caster/fighter
hybrid thing. But again I think the bard is nessicary because of their end
regen song. Also they're decent healers, and have speed song do you can
run to where ever you're hunting faster *shrug*

For alb, maybe a paladin (once again, end regen, only these guys are tanks)
and pretty much whatever else... A mercenary would add a lotof damage but
you'd lack a healer (aside from the paladin heal chant). But a paladin and
a cleric would probably take forever to kill mobs.

Just play around and see what you like.
"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
>
> regards
> Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

My wife and I play a Friar and a Paladin, for my wife the Paladin is good as
it is not too complex a character but usually in the thick of it (she also
doesn't die easily), this has been good as this is the first computer game
she has ever play.
We've been playing every night for about two months now -so I guess we are
hooked
The Friar is a hybrid healer/fighter and is interesting to play.
Steve

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
>
> regards
> Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

OK, not exactly what you are looking for, but :)

A Paladin and a Wizard that is Ice-Specilised... Paladin attacks and holds
the creatures attention, while the Ice Wizzy wanders in and blows the ah heck
to ickle bitty bits!

Not sure about the other realms, but still :) There are lots of combos on
each, it's just a case of finding out which you enjoy more.

Dan

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
>
> regards
> Bruin

Tails

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)

Friar and Paladin is a good Albion combo - friars get basic healing and
staff moves - the Paladin taunts the mobs and holds their attention, but
because they're a defensive tank they don't take too much damage. The friar
smacks the mobs to help with the damage, and can top up the paladins health
when it's needed.

Albion doesn't really have any casting healers - unless you count smite
specced clerics or cabalists with their health transfer spell :p

I haven't really played any other realms tho.

--
Tails

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:55:31 -0400, Bruin <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com>
wrote:

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)

Well, for sexual equality I would recommend making 2 Paladins in Albion.
Learn to twist chants, and you have nice healing right there without any
dedicated healer, and you can also get various other effects like damage
add or endurance regeneration.

However if the wife goes with the "healer with pet", you need to go to
Hibernia and make a druid. These can have nature-themed pets. They also
can withstand a moderate amount of damage. I am not sure that a combo of a
druid and a clothed caster will be easy to play, though. Casters take
heavy damage fast if they don't kill the enemy fast enough. You may want
to try champion - a tanker class with ranged debuff spells. Or if you
could imagine having a pet yourself, I would say enchanter. You will soon
get a tanker pet, and you can do some decent ranged damage and awesome
point blank radius spells. Actually the pet is optional, but you will get
it at no extra cost.

--
Currently playing City of Heroes character:
Winterlord, Inv/Ice magic tanker, level 13, Protector server.

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>
> We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> keyboard.
>
> So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)

Well, clasic combos in Hibernia would be Hero or Valewaker + Bard; Enchanter
+ Druid or Bard or Menta.

Tactics are very simple.
Combo1: Damgedealer deals damage while Bard is playing endu and heals :)
Combo2: The Enchanter sends his pet in some Mobs and let the damageshield do
the rest. Bard und Druid buffs and heals the pet. Bard could play manasong
in the downtime. Or with the Menta as a partner. Pet into the mobs and the
Menta casts HoT on the pet and PoT on the casters.

I prefer combo 1. It's more fun. :)

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

My husband and I chose a paladin and cleric combination. We had lots of
fun, and the good part was that those are two classes that are always needed
in groups for when we were looking to group up with other folks.

A pair of necromancers would be good too. They are awesome solo characters
and once you get them levelled up (which shouldn't take long at all with two
of you), you can use them to powerlevel each others new toons.

Maggdalena

"Travis Smith" <cypher2@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Well for mid, I would have to agree with the other poster.... A shaman
> and some sortof tank would be best. The shaman mostly for the endurance
> regen buff. Once you get about end3 you'll be able to style in melee
> combat pretty much forever.
>
> In hib I would say a bard and some kindof tank (hero, blademaster,
> champion), or maybe even a Valewalker if you're into the caster/fighter
> hybrid thing. But again I think the bard is nessicary because of their
end
> regen song. Also they're decent healers, and have speed song do you can
> run to where ever you're hunting faster *shrug*
>
> For alb, maybe a paladin (once again, end regen, only these guys are
tanks)
> and pretty much whatever else... A mercenary would add a lotof damage
but
> you'd lack a healer (aside from the paladin heal chant). But a paladin
and
> a cleric would probably take forever to kill mobs.
>
> Just play around and see what you like.
> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> > it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> > healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> > something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> > class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
> >
> > We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> > group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> > little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> > keyboard.
> >
> > So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
> >
> > regards
> > Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Friar and Paladin is another great combination for Albion.

Maggdalena

"noblot_uk" <noblot_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> My wife and I play a Friar and a Paladin, for my wife the Paladin is good
as
> it is not too complex a character but usually in the thick of it (she also
> doesn't die easily), this has been good as this is the first computer game
> she has ever play.
> We've been playing every night for about two months now -so I guess we are
> hooked
> The Friar is a hybrid healer/fighter and is interesting to play.
> Steve
>

> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to try
> > it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
> > healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
> > something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try warrior
> > class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
> >
> > We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
> > group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
> > little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
> > keyboard.
> >
> > So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
> >
> > regards
> > Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

I had a 50 spirit cabalist on Igraine. I really liked her. I've always
liked caster classes better. Sorceror's are the best class in the game
imho. Speed, debuffs, nukes, lifetaps, pets...what else do you want? Only
problem is no instas. But you get over that.

"Maggdalena" <Maggdalena_is@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> My husband and I chose a paladin and cleric combination. We had lots of
> fun, and the good part was that those are two classes that are always
> needed
> in groups for when we were looking to group up with other folks.
>
> A pair of necromancers would be good too. They are awesome solo
> characters
> and once you get them levelled up (which shouldn't take long at all with
> two
> of you), you can use them to powerlevel each others new toons.
>
> Maggdalena
>
> "Travis Smith" <cypher2@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> Well for mid, I would have to agree with the other poster.... A shaman
>> and some sortof tank would be best. The shaman mostly for the endurance
>> regen buff. Once you get about end3 you'll be able to style in melee
>> combat pretty much forever.
>>
>> In hib I would say a bard and some kindof tank (hero, blademaster,
>> champion), or maybe even a Valewalker if you're into the caster/fighter
>> hybrid thing. But again I think the bard is nessicary because of their
> end
>> regen song. Also they're decent healers, and have speed song do you can
>> run to where ever you're hunting faster *shrug*
>>
>> For alb, maybe a paladin (once again, end regen, only these guys are
> tanks)
>> and pretty much whatever else... A mercenary would add a lotof damage
> but
>> you'd lack a healer (aside from the paladin heal chant). But a paladin
> and
>> a cleric would probably take forever to kill mobs.
>>
>> Just play around and see what you like.
>> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > At the moment I am downloading DAoC (7 day trial). Wife & I want to
>> > try
>> > it out. Any suggestions of class/race for us? She is willing to be a
>> > healer as long as she gets to do something else, like have a pet or
>> > something. I prefer caster classes, but would be willing to try
>> > warrior
>> > class, just as long as I am not a healer, I make a lousy healer.
>> >
>> > We want to be able to play "solo" errr together. Meaning a 2 person
>> > group as much as possible, like forever. We would like to have as
>> > little interaction with others as possible. We hate chatting via a
>> > keyboard.
>> >
>> > So, what 2 classes/races would be the best for that? =)
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Bruin

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

> >> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHhotmail.com> wrote in message

You can play as two for the most part, although if you plan to play in
the Trials of Atlantis expansion, you will definitely need help
completing the master levels and gaining artifacts. (PvP is another
matter, although the New Frontiers expansion makes it easier for you.)

If you want to play a caster/healer pair, you can probably do well as
long as one of you can summon a pet. That opens a lot of combinations.
There is even a healing class (druid) with a pet. In Hibernia:

animist/bard*
animist/druid*
animist/mentalist
enchanter/bard*
enchanter/druid*
enchanter/mentalist
mentalist/driud
eldritch/druid

* = probably best combos

There is a mage-melee hybrid (Valewalker) and some healer-melee
hybrids (Friar and Warden) to consider, though in a group of two, you
may not want to go with a class with water-downed albeit more diverse
skills.

You can also go tank/healer and there are lots of good combinations.
But I think you can come up with some more interesting combinations
(and since you mentioned you prefer casters), I particularly like

Animist/Druid or Animist/Bard

And as the animist won't require a lot of healing compared to most
other classes, your druid/bard can train more in the non-healing skill
lines.