ABIT BH6 at 133mhz?

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Hi. Anyone knows if that old ABIT BH6 rev.1.1 board is able to run at 133mhz FSB? if that's the case, do you also need 133RAM
mems or can it still run the 100:s. Reason why i'm asking is that i want to go for an CPU upgrade to PIII 1000mhz if that's possible..
thanks

mrOne

G

Hiya compatoll,
I also have a Abit BX6 rev.2.0 and I am looking to run the fsb at 133mhz and upgrade the cpu..did you get yours to work? I guess I am chicken to try it on my own....

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
That's what i call good News! I'm saved. Can't understand
why the retailers comes up with false info(incompetence?)don't they wanna sell their stuff????
Thanks Man:)

compa

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The 133MHz FSB is not "officially" supported by the BX chipset, according to Intel. But in actuallity it will run up to 150MHz. Also, the AGP port runs at 89MHz with the 133MHz FSB, which is tolerated by most cards, but out of spec. So motherboard manufacturers of course don't normally recommend running anything out of spec, hence the confusion. Also, the manufacturer only list tested processors as being compatable, if they themselves have not tested a faster processor on the board, they don't list it.

I have a BA6 running a PIII 1000 at 1125/150FSB, and a Radeon LE. Even with the card overclocked and the AGP port at 100MHz, everything is running fine.

The BX supports a 1/4 PCI divider, so at 133 the PCI is running its normall 33MHz speed, even though the AGP is at 89MHz.

All anyone needs to run 133 on ANY BX board is: PC133 memory, a decent video card, and a board that has the 133 setting.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

ok, let me get this straight....on my bx6 mb, I set the ext.clock(pci) to 133MHz*(1/4) which gives me the pci speed of 33MHZ and the fsb of 133MHz...this runs the cpu at 133MHZ ?correct?..
what do I do with the multiplier factor? and the agpclk/cpuclk, which is defaulted to 2/3 of cpu bus speed.
I really hate to start experimenting with different selections until I find what works....I am sitting here with my mb users manual in front of me trying to figure out what is going to work and what processor I want to buy...I already have 320mb of pc133 dram installed and I am running a matrox g200 vid card. I would really appreciate any help here.
Thanks