Concept Shows Display-less, Keyboardless Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

great concept hope to hear more about something like this. i can only imagine if they get this concept and make it even smaller then they might have a winner on their hands.

oh and enough with Crysis its getting to the point where most computers can play it. heck my laptop from 4 years ago can play it so enough with the damn crysis comments

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
oh and enough with Crysis its getting to the point where most computers can play it. heck my laptop from 4 years ago can play it so enough with the damn crysis comments

you obviously dont get that theres a setting called very high. Tell ur mommy to go to graphic options next time.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
hey that's pretty cool. project the keyboard and also project the display. both of these technologies exist and can be put into production in a small package.

Zenthar

Distinguished
I think most people that tried "laser keyboards" didn't like it. First typing on a desk is harder on the fingers, secondly, it lacks the "feedback" you get when you press a key so you know you pressed it correctly.

They can always try to compensate by having an accessory to turn it into a Sybian...

G

[citation][nom]Drip50291[/nom]oh and enough with Crysis its getting to the point where most computers can play it. heck my laptop from 4 years ago can play it so enough with the damn crysis commentsyou obviously dont get that theres a setting called very high. Tell ur mommy to go to graphic options next time.[/citation]

oh and for you info the whole idea of the joke is can it play it at a playable framerate note where it can it is on very high or not. i set it to medium and im able to enoy all the crysis goodness while maintaining a playable frame rate. oh and tell you mommy that you need a good beating.

G

The next Great Tech Support Nightmare!

Projection Keyboard fails to work and you don't have a spare keyboard laying around to plug in. Or the Projection Display goes on the fritz, sorry, they forgot to include a D-sub or DVI output on the back. Or worse, You get a fly walking across your screen as you're trying to do your work!

Although I do suppose these system could be considered to be discriminatory against blind people as there is no tactile feel to the keyboard.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
This design puts computer hardware back 30 years. Do people really hate their displays and keyboards that much? Ever notice that there are countless varieties of these peripherals, catering to every whim and price range? I guess the mouse would be some kind of a virtual touch pad -- yeah, people love those. Old fashioned projection TV's have been replaced by sleek LCD/LED displays. Now we are supposed to believe that projection displays are somehow better? And if this is intended for portability, try using it on your lap in an airport or crowded bus. That hump would also make it awkward to carry. I think someone in Dell's art department snuck over to R&D as a joke and was taken seriously.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Great concept. They just need to make the touch area into a changeable touch interface and this would be a nifty presentation tool or HTPC/projector.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
looks like an interesting concept... maybe if its released dell would use some advance version of the atom platform??? my only gripe is the laser keyboard, i had a blue tooth laser keyboard and i have to say it really sucked, had a hard time recognizing key strokes.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Get a small desktop computer, this, and a projector, and you're good to go.

I'm sure that if laser keyboards became popular, they'd make softer surfaces to accommodate their use ergonomically. Rolling up one of those and packing a projector device is a bit more portable than a keyboard.

amarok

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I really don't get the concept of projecting the keyboard to a surface. Other than there is no feedback from the stroken key, what about the damn noise when you press your finger on a hard table not to mention those annoying women who uses their nails?
If I sat 5 minutes beside such a woman sounding like a woodpecker on the office-table, my bootprint would be projected to her a$$ as she was flying down the hall..

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
IT managers at Corporations and government departments would love this, as the computers would be bottom of the line compared to all the other PC's available at the time the product is launched. But if you want easy maintenance for IT something this simplistic is great, no monitor costs, no serious horsepower in the box compared to real workstations, and easily replaceable. Users are gonna be left out in the cold with this rig.

Mike00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
LMAO I am sorry but I fail to see the innovation in this product, first the laser virtual keyboard is old, like more then 5 years old and slapping it together with a projector does not make it any better, considering that projectors have been out for a long time, to top it off, if the projector uses LEDs the contrast is going to suck and you will need to use it in complete darkness and if it uses a bulb then when the 10,000hrs of the bulb is up how much is it going to cost to get a new one LOL plus you can't move after it has been used for a couple of hours because the filament in the bulb would break. And not to mention that you require a white wall to use it, go to a library and you will need to borrow a projection screen for it LOL or try to use it on a bus when your sitting sideways facing another person, unless the guy across from you has a huge forehead you wont be using it LOL

They need better innovators.

Status
Not open for further replies.