m/b problmes?

G

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but here goes:

When I turn on my box after leaving it off for at least an hour, it (something in the case, i can't tell where b/c off all my fans and junk) makes this "uggghhh" noise for like 15 seconds then everything's normal and fine. I'm having trouble tracking down the cause b/c it will only do this noise if it's been off for at least an hour. If i just shutdown adn then turn it back on, no noise.

Anyway, i'm kinda worried that my mb or powersupply is going to blow or something. Does anybody have a clue what this could be?

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
One of your fans going. Next time after cooling it off leave the case open when booting up, when you hear the sound put your finger on the cpu fan till it stall. If sound stop too then it's the cpu fan, if not then you can start playing with your case fans. Power supply fans don't go often, but seen it happening in a system barely 7 months old.

p.s. if you have a vulcano 7 DO NOT TRY THAT! My finger was hurting for a week and part of my fingernail turned blue. But regular fans are easy to stall for a second or two.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>