Feb 27, 2002
my friend install a new system:
Gigabyte 7VTXH+
Athlon 1700
E-Pop Geforce 2MX Ti
and she install her old hd contains W2K Pro
she set the defult value of bios
before she log in to W2k system
(before username and password box prompt out)
her kwyboard and mouse just stuck
and then a blue screen says
"Beginning physical memory dump.."
anyone can help her? @_@

debgk

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Do you mean she took her HD with win2k set up from a different system and stuck it into a new system? Not sure, but I think she should have re-formatted the HD and started with a fresh install of win2. ...

Is the keyboard and mouse USB by any chance?? I found that I had to use a p2 keyboard/mouse when setting up win2k ... the usb stuff made it hang ....

deb

nzlynn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2002
yes she used her old HD to a new pc
and the mouse and keyboard are P/S 2
is it really need to re-format? what's the reason to do that? >_< is there any solution we can try before doing this big job? :p

nzlynn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2002
no..also AMD
she tried to install professional again into another good HD, because we guess the problem is on the HD.
But during installation, a error msg says " The ACPI BIOS in this system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification".
According to MS website, the problem would be on the faulty ram. However, she doesn't have 2nd DDR ram, so we just bring it to the computer shop.
A guy use "QuickTech" memory test progam to test it, and it didn't show and error.
And he also test the cpu, it's good.
According to another error msg which mention about protection error, he think the problem would be on the motherboard.
btw, when "Ctrl+Alt+Del" window prompts in W2k, the keyboard and mouse just stuck
Anyone agree this is the MB's problem?
and how can we define the MB problem? like error msg?

nzlynn

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2002
oh....terrible sorry....write down the worng error msg
(becoz too many error msg....at leat 10 msg) :p
"page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
yes she used her old HD to a new pc
and the mouse and keyboard are P/S 2
is it really need to re-format? what's the reason to do that? >_< is there any solution we can try before doing this big job? :p

Just popping you HD into a new PC won't work unless it is the same model of motherboard.

I used to think that re-installing the OS was the only way to do it, but recently was told of another method. I haven't tried it myself, but have had confirmation from other people that it works.

While your Hard drive is connected to the old PC, go into the device manager and uninstall everything (and I do mean everything) except plug-and-play. Then install the HD in the new system. Apparently the plug-and-play will set everything up for you.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.