New Frontiers

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2004 1:14:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

OK you American-Server chaps and chapettes!

Spill - what is NF like?! We are probably a while away from it over here,
so was looking to see what first impressions are like...

(And don't include the nightmare patch week - read all about it :)

=====
Thanks!
Dan English
Alb/Excal (Europe)

Darillin: 50 Inconnu Necromancer
Daarkan: 3x Briton Paladin
Mathius: 3x Briton Friar
Antivius: 3x Briton Cleric
Milandros: 3x Avalonian Wizard
Callie: 2x Saracen Scout
Almond: X Highlander Minstrel
Callendra: X Saracen Infiltrator

More about : frontiers

June 28, 2004 4:12:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

It's nice...but I'm getting burnt out of RVR.

RPs: They're nice. It's not uncommon to get 5k-20k rps in one night.
Last night I was in a battle that lasted a good 3 hours and raked in
about 18k RPs. Not bad for a night...

Battles: Easier to find, but it doesn't make getting a group any
easier. You'll get a rez though, because most of the battles take
place outside of keeps, either defending or attacking, and it's easier
to rez now. A keep defence/take can last forever! Especially if a
realm is going for a relic.

Siege: It's very cool. I've never seen so much siege in RVR before.
But now it is a necessity.

Line of Sight: Issues still exist, and I won't complain about classess
that seem to need a fix of LoS. There are issues, and I'd be happy to
discuss them with you (chireven at odenskrigare dot com) via email,
but I don't want to bring my views into a public forum like this.

All in all, I think it's a nice expansion. However, after only a
week, I'm a bit burned out. Seems like I go out there to level my
toons, not to have fun. But it's all good. Feel free to drop an
email and I'll answer any questions you want, but make sure you put a
descriptive subject in as I'm quick with the delete button. :)

-joe

"Dan English" <dan.junk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<CjRDc.4845$8j5.50819103@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> OK you American-Server chaps and chapettes!
>
> Spill - what is NF like?! We are probably a while away from it over here,
> so was looking to see what first impressions are like...
>
> (And don't include the nightmare patch week - read all about it :)
>

> =====
> Thanks!
> Dan English
> Alb/Excal (Europe)
>
> Darillin: 50 Inconnu Necromancer
> Daarkan: 3x Briton Paladin
> Mathius: 3x Briton Friar
> Antivius: 3x Briton Cleric
> Milandros: 3x Avalonian Wizard
> Callie: 2x Saracen Scout
> Almond: X Highlander Minstrel
> Callendra: X Saracen Infiltrator
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 7:54:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Hey Dan,
My main is only 39, so someone else can probably give you a better answer.
Having said that, I am thrilled. At 29, my Theurgy can go to a BG that is not
totally dead. Still relatively slow, but there are fights to be had most times:)

At 39, my friar has a place to go again:)  and it's very active. The 11-15 range
is desolate, but leveling those levels is quick enough that I'll just get to
the 20-24 range without bogging down.

As for the boats, etc. I'm too low to see all that. The two BG's I've been
playing in are very fun. good layouts, etc. Just starting to play w/seige stuff
(ballista is my friars new friend:)

I know this is only a partial answer, but my main interest is activity, not
layout/features etc. There is a vast improvement in the activity department.

NF has gotten me back to the "omg it's 4 am, i gotta work in 3 hrs. well just
one more death and i'll log" phase of DAOC life.

Hope they get you up and running soon:)

Have Fun,
Perril

"Dan English" <dan.junk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>OK you American-Server chaps and chapettes!
>
>Spill - what is NF like?! We are probably a while away from it over here,
>so was looking to see what first impressions are like...
>
>(And don't include the nightmare patch week - read all about it :)
>

>=====
>Thanks!
>Dan English
>Alb/Excal (Europe)
>
>Darillin: 50 Inconnu Necromancer
>Daarkan: 3x Briton Paladin
>Mathius: 3x Briton Friar
>Antivius: 3x Briton Cleric
>Milandros: 3x Avalonian Wizard
>Callie: 2x Saracen Scout
>Almond: X Highlander Minstrel
>Callendra: X Saracen Infiltrator

Related resources
June 28, 2004 11:51:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

It's merveillous... when the servers works lol
and in this time..... welll....

Lag or server down :)

I love RvR now :)  with my shaman 50 :)

See y a

Lionel aka yoyo :)
"Dan English" <dan.junk@blueyonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
> OK you American-Server chaps and chapettes!
>
> Spill - what is NF like?! We are probably a while away from it over here,
> so was looking to see what first impressions are like...
>
> (And don't include the nightmare patch week - read all about it :)
>

> =====
> Thanks!
> Dan English
> Alb/Excal (Europe)
>
> Darillin: 50 Inconnu Necromancer
> Daarkan: 3x Briton Paladin
> Mathius: 3x Briton Friar
> Antivius: 3x Briton Cleric
> Milandros: 3x Avalonian Wizard
> Callie: 2x Saracen Scout
> Almond: X Highlander Minstrel
> Callendra: X Saracen Infiltrator

Anonymous
June 29, 2004 12:59:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

BGs are excellent, I have not got a high enough character to do NF yet.
Why don't you download the 7 day trial and give it a go?
Steve

!