Running a RAID controller card and a K7S5A?

G

If you are successfully, or have attempted, to use a RAID controller card and the ECS K7S5A. Could you please tell me which RAID card you have, and if you had any difficulties with the motherboard and/or card?

Thank you very much.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I would assume you're having trouble with yours?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

G

Yep. I posted earlier in the week but nobody had any suggestions for a RAID card, only an ATA controller card. So now I'm trying to see which cards ppl have gotten to work and see if there were any tricks that I can use or so I can go and buy the RAID card that they have.

pat

Expert
Have you thought about selling your current mobo and buy another one with RAID included onboard. that may saves you a lot of time.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

G

I am running:
ECS K7S5A, AMD XP 1500+
(1) 256 stick of generic DDR2100
Hercules GeForce II MX
On board Sound and LAN
Seagate 20gig as Primary Master
48x CD as Seccondary Master
I loaded Windows XP Home Edition from scratch
( Home Edition was a prize in a raffle, if I bought,
I would have gone for XP Pro )
Then,I loaded an older IWILL SIDE-RAID66 card in a PCI slot,
connected two 15gig Fujitsu drives, booted up, configured and formatted.

This box has been up for three months. I shut it down at night.

About once a week, for the last three weeks it goes thru the Scan Disk exercise at bootup, complaining about data corruption. Two minutes later it is up again. I have not checked into what the problem is, it is a secondary machine, an I haven't found the free time to look at it yet. Besides, I really want to go back to Windows 2000 Pro.

Sorry for the long story.... Hope it helps..

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
when i did have the k7s5a i was using my fasttrakTX2 100 with no problems.

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol: