Soyo beep code

I just put together a system using the dragon plus board and upon boot-up i get 3 short beeps. There is a short beep initially then 2 more short beeps. It boots up just fine and seems stable so far but shouldn't there only be one short "ok" beep? I saw one other post on here with the same symptoms. I was just wondering if this is normal or not? I've checked the manual and Soyo's website but they have nothing on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about soyo beep code
  1. It is normal. Mine is doing that and I dont mind. It' works, that wath matter.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
  2. Thanks, I was just worried that there was something that was wrong and I just haven't seen the problem yet.
  3. I suspect the FOC to do a fan check before power-up the CPU. I can not test it right now, but if you go in the BIOS and diseable FOC, can you check if it will beep tha same when booting?

4. Yup - the other post was mine. That's normal for the Dragon Plus. Mine does the same thing.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
  5. hi pat, i was wondering how you were faring with your dragon+, any input would be appreciated, i am planing on buying one soon.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
  6. Well, sorry for the delay, I'm out and away from my computer for work. my dragon is very stable and fast. I really like it a lot and definitively recommend this board.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Soyo Boot