Sign in with
Your question

Soyo beep code

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2002 1:30:44 PM

I just put together a system using the dragon plus board and upon boot-up i get 3 short beeps. There is a short beep initially then 2 more short beeps. It boots up just fine and seems stable so far but shouldn't there only be one short "ok" beep? I saw one other post on here with the same symptoms. I was just wondering if this is normal or not? I've checked the manual and Soyo's website but they have nothing on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More about : soyo beep code

February 28, 2002 1:37:01 PM

It is normal. Mine is doing that and I dont mind. It' works, that wath matter.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2002 1:39:31 PM

Thanks, I was just worried that there was something that was wrong and I just haven't seen the problem yet.
Related resources
February 28, 2002 1:44:29 PM

I suspect the FOC to do a fan check before power-up the CPU. I can not test it right now, but if you go in the BIOS and diseable FOC, can you check if it will beep tha same when booting?

March 1, 2002 10:51:55 AM

Yup - the other post was mine. That's normal for the Dragon Plus. Mine does the same thing.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
March 7, 2002 3:56:30 AM

hi pat, i was wondering how you were faring with your dragon+, any input would be appreciated, i am planing on buying one soon.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
March 16, 2002 7:20:36 PM

Well, sorry for the delay, I'm out and away from my computer for work. my dragon is very stable and fast. I really like it a lot and definitively recommend this board.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

!