billing

If I owed Dell money they would have called to tell me would they have
not? I no it's probably getting annoying for people who keep seeing me
post these topics that are closely related to each other, but it's
driving nuts, like I just dont know if dell is going to charge me for
cancelling my order. So a month ago I placed an order for a cpu then i
decided that i didnt want it so I waited until they called and they
did and so they said this: We are calling to let you know that the
payment for the order was not recieved and they asked if I would like
to cancel or procede with the order, so I said I would like to cancel
and the woman on the phone said that if I would like to make another
order i would have to go online. So two weeks and 4 days after that
call nothing has happened, no cancellation fees, none. Also I paid by
online bnaking as well, so I'm thinking they'll extract the amount of
money needed to cover the charge when sufficient funds are in the
bank account. But really I don't see why they would have even
authorized my method of payment in the first place because I have no
credit and am only 16. So I hope that someone can just tell me wether
or not i owe them any money or my system would've been built in the
time of 13 days that I waited until they called me so that way I can
just relax about this whole situation.

You can be assured of one thing: If Dell thought that you owed them money,
you would certainly be hearing from them.

How did you use online banking to make a payment to Dell? I don't think
they accept online payments (of course they take credit cards online)
through banks. I have a Dell Preferred Credit account and have not been
offered the ability to make my payments online. I have to write Dell a
check and mail it to them.

You sound confused. Are you absolutely positive that Dell sold you a piece
of hardware on credit? You can't get a credit card until you can show proof
of age, and the minimum age as far as I know, is 18. You would need to
apply for Dell credit if that was the way you were ordering the hardware and
that requires that you affirm (swear under penalty of law) that you are of
legal age.

"steveo633" <parish579@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> If I owed Dell money they would have called to tell me would they have
> not? I no it's probably getting annoying for people who keep seeing me
> post these topics that are closely related to each other, but it's
> driving nuts, like I just dont know if dell is going to charge me for
> cancelling my order. So a month ago I placed an order for a cpu then i
> decided that i didnt want it so I waited until they called and they
> did and so they said this: We are calling to let you know that the
> payment for the order was not recieved and they asked if I would like
> to cancel or procede with the order, so I said I would like to cancel
> and the woman on the phone said that if I would like to make another
> order i would have to go online. So two weeks and 4 days after that
> call nothing has happened, no cancellation fees, none. Also I paid by
> online bnaking as well, so I'm thinking they'll extract the amount of
> money needed to cover the charge when sufficient funds are in the
> bank account. But really I don't see why they would have even
> authorized my method of payment in the first place because I have no
> credit and am only 16. So I hope that someone can just tell me wether
> or not i owe them any money or my system would've been built in the
> time of 13 days that I waited until they called me so that way I can
> just relax about this whole situation.

"steveo633" <parish579@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> If I owed Dell money they would have called to tell me would they have
> not? I no it's probably getting annoying for people who keep seeing me
> post these topics that are closely related to each other, but it's
> driving nuts, like I just dont know if dell is going to charge me for
> cancelling my order. So a month ago I placed an order for a cpu then i
> decided that i didnt want it so I waited until they called and they
> did and so they said this: We are calling to let you know that the
> payment for the order was not recieved and they asked if I would like
> to cancel or procede with the order, so I said I would like to cancel
> and the woman on the phone said that if I would like to make another
> order i would have to go online. So two weeks and 4 days after that
> call nothing has happened, no cancellation fees, none. Also I paid by
> online bnaking as well, so I'm thinking they'll extract the amount of
> money needed to cover the charge when sufficient funds are in the
> bank account. But really I don't see why they would have even
> authorized my method of payment in the first place because I have no
> credit and am only 16. So I hope that someone can just tell me wether
> or not i owe them any money or my system would've been built in the
> time of 13 days that I waited until they called me so that way I can
> just relax about this whole situation.

Dont drop out of school. Pay more attention in your english and writing
classes.

You need to put in a lot more effort into your writing skills.

Kevin,
Does your bank's checking acct, offer online bill paying? That is the way that I do it, to pay my Dell Preferred Credit bill, I have never written them a check.

steveo633,
When you placed your order, did you use an ATM/Debit card associate with your bank acct? If yes, You bank may have not block access to the acct from Dell, but did not send the funds to them. You should check you acct and see if you have been charged with service charge for insufficient funds. Many banks do not allow ATM/Debit cards to be used for online purchasing. But some banks will allow the purchase to go through even if there are insufficient funds in the acct, and then charge you a service fee for it. It's the equivalent of writing a bad check.

The sad thing now is that a few credit card companies, will let you go over your credit line, then charge you a service fee for going over your credit. I know that Capital One does that often. Even to the point, I read an article, that a large chunk of the profits they earned last year, was not from the interest portion from payments. But from all the service charges that they receive for their different credit accts types.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Z_qUe.115$Et1.741@news.uswest.net...
You can be assured of one thing: If Dell thought that you owed them money,
you would certainly be hearing from them.

How did you use online banking to make a payment to Dell? I don't think
they accept online payments (of course they take credit cards online)
through banks. I have a Dell Preferred Credit account and have not been
offered the ability to make my payments online. I have to write Dell a
check and mail it to them.

You sound confused. Are you absolutely positive that Dell sold you a piece
of hardware on credit? You can't get a credit card until you can show proof
of age, and the minimum age as far as I know, is 18. You would need to
apply for Dell credit if that was the way you were ordering the hardware and
that requires that you affirm (swear under penalty of law) that you are of
legal age.

"steveo633" <parish579@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> If I owed Dell money they would have called to tell me would they have
> not? I no it's probably getting annoying for people who keep seeing me
> post these topics that are closely related to each other, but it's
> driving nuts, like I just dont know if dell is going to charge me for
> cancelling my order. So a month ago I placed an order for a cpu then i
> decided that i didnt want it so I waited until they called and they
> did and so they said this: We are calling to let you know that the
> payment for the order was not recieved and they asked if I would like
> to cancel or procede with the order, so I said I would like to cancel
> and the woman on the phone said that if I would like to make another
> order i would have to go online. So two weeks and 4 days after that
> call nothing has happened, no cancellation fees, none. Also I paid by
> online bnaking as well, so I'm thinking they'll extract the amount of
> money needed to cover the charge when sufficient funds are in the
> bank account. But really I don't see why they would have even
> authorized my method of payment in the first place because I have no
> credit and am only 16. So I hope that someone can just tell me wether
> or not i owe them any money or my system would've been built in the
> time of 13 days that I waited until they called me so that way I can
> just relax about this whole situation.

They didn't ask for my bank account number or my age, they just asked
for my address and my name and postal code and phone number and my
email and they sent me two emails acknowledging my order and and the
other confirming it.

Equalizer

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2002

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:35:57 -0500, "NuTCrAcKeR"
<nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote:

<SNIP>

>Dont drop out of school. Pay more attention in your english and writing
>classes.

You missed the apostrophe in "Don't". English should be capitalized.

>You need to put in a lot more effort into your writing skills.

Pot, kettle, black. HTH!

eq

> Pot, kettle, black. HTH!

Nit-picker. Or is it Nit-wit ?