Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I am using Windows Messenger 5.1 on Live Communications Server 2005. Is
there a way to only allow my users to connect to the LCS server, and block
the Windows .NET logons.

Mike

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Yes there is,

You will have to import an administrative template in active directory.
Create an organization Unit, move the users you want to block to this
unit.
Create a group policy object and link it to this unit.
And import the administrative template rtcclient.adm in c:\windows\inf

Moham

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Additionally, if you have installed install the LCS 2005 Administrative
tools onto a DC, this makes it a bit easier. The LCS 2005 Admin tools
automatically drop the rtcclient.adm template into the C:\Windows\inf
(technically %windir%\inf) folder.

From there you can add the template to a group policy and block the MSN/.Net
messenger by user or by workstation as well as configure your SIP settings
for the server and transport.

Cheers,

Bob

"Moham" <mohams@pinnaclesports.com> wrote in message
> Yes there is,
>
> You will have to import an administrative template in active directory.
> Create an organization Unit, move the users you want to block to this
> unit.
> Create a group policy object and link it to this unit.
> And import the administrative template rtcclient.adm in c:\windows\inf
>
> Moham

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

You can enforce the policy manually on clients without using the
administrative template by adding the following registry key:

HKLM\Software\policies\Microsoft\messenger\Client\{9b017612-c9f1-11d2-8d9f-0
000f875c541}

David Spink
spinkd@hotmail.com

"Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Additionally, if you have installed install the LCS 2005 Administrative
> tools onto a DC, this makes it a bit easier. The LCS 2005 Admin tools
> automatically drop the rtcclient.adm template into the C:\Windows\inf
> (technically %windir%\inf) folder.
>
> From there you can add the template to a group policy and block the
MSN/.Net