When i start the brand new version of MSN 7.0 it logs me
in but hangs after a few sec. I have reenstalled it
several times without any improvement. Win XP.

Thanks for any help.

Greetings,

Are you using a router? If so, this may be due to settings in your router and a bug in MSN
Messenger 7. Go into your router configure and disable SPI (if it's mentioned anywhere),
also known as Stateful Packet Inspection. As well, disable "Block WAN Request" is there's an
option for that.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Laszlo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i start the brand new version of MSN 7.0 it logs me
> in but hangs after a few sec. I have reenstalled it
> several times without any improvement. Win XP.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Yes, we use a router. That could be the problem. Do you
have any idea if/when this bug in MSN Messenger 7.0 will
be fixed?
Thanks for your help.

Jonathan Kay.