MSN 7 Add Banner

I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it turn
off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked something there
does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.

Grateful thanks.

Arie
5 answers Last reply
More about banner

    Greetings Arie,

    That is correct, there is no toggle for this.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124. Unlike others on
    > this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom.
    > Unless I have overlooked something there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
    >
    > Grateful thanks.
    >
    > Arie

    That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did NOT
    come with the operating system.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
    > Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it
    > turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked something
    > there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
    >
    > Grateful thanks.
    >
    > Arie

    Fair enough. However, it would be 'nice' if when I pay for MSN Hotmail, if I
    had the option to 'pay' for MSN Messenger and then get rid of the ads - and
    have more control over the visibility of things like tabs and the new user
    information area at the top.

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did NOT
    > come with the operating system.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
    > > Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it
    > > turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked something
    > > there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
    > >
    > > Grateful thanks.
    > >
    > > Arie

    Similar to AIM I have a AOL account but still get adver. with aim.

    "AdamRLeggett" <AdamRLeggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Fair enough. However, it would be 'nice' if when I pay for MSN Hotmail,
    > if I
    > had the option to 'pay' for MSN Messenger and then get rid of the ads -
    > and
    > have more control over the visibility of things like tabs and the new user
    > information area at the top.
    >
    > "Richard Urban" wrote:
    >
    >> That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did
    >> NOT
    >> come with the operating system.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >>
    >> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    >> "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> > I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
    >> > Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it
    >> > turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked
    >> > something
    >> > there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
    >> >
    >> > Grateful thanks.
    >> >
    >> > Arie

    true. however when I pay for hotmail all the advertising goes away. - so it
    would be in keeping if the same thing happened with messenger.

    "JoeM" wrote:

    > Similar to AIM I have a AOL account but still get adver. with aim.
    >
    > "AdamRLeggett" <AdamRLeggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Fair enough. However, it would be 'nice' if when I pay for MSN Hotmail,
    > > if I
    > > had the option to 'pay' for MSN Messenger and then get rid of the ads -
    > > and
    > > have more control over the visibility of things like tabs and the new user
    > > information area at the top.
    > >
    > > "Richard Urban" wrote:
    > >
    > >> That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did
    > >> NOT
    > >> come with the operating system.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Richard Urban
    > >>
    > >> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
    > >>
    > >> If you knew as much as you think you know,
    > >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
    > >>

    > >> "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message

MSN Messenger Windows XP Product