MSN 7 Add Banner

April 9, 2005 4:59:41 PM

I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it turn
off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked something there
does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.

Grateful thanks.

Arie

More about : msn add banner

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 4:59:42 PM

Greetings Arie,

That is correct, there is no toggle for this.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124. Unlike others on
> this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom.
> Unless I have overlooked something there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
>
> Grateful thanks.
>
> Arie

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 4:59:42 PM

That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did NOT
come with the operating system.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
> Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it
> turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked something
> there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
>
> Grateful thanks.
>
> Arie

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 13, 2005 6:49:02 PM

Fair enough. However, it would be 'nice' if when I pay for MSN Hotmail, if I
had the option to 'pay' for MSN Messenger and then get rid of the ads - and
have more control over the visibility of things like tabs and the new user
information area at the top.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did NOT
> come with the operating system.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
> > Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it
> > turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked something
> > there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
> >
> > Grateful thanks.
> >
> > Arie

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 10:35:31 PM

Similar to AIM I have a AOL account but still get adver. with aim.

"AdamRLeggett" <AdamRLeggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Fair enough. However, it would be 'nice' if when I pay for MSN Hotmail,
> if I
> had the option to 'pay' for MSN Messenger and then get rid of the ads -
> and
> have more control over the visibility of things like tabs and the new user
> information area at the top.
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> That's the price you pay for free software. Remember, MSN Messenger did
>> NOT
>> come with the operating system.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

>> "Arie Maissan" <DELETEamaissan@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> > I've recently installed MSN Messenger 7.0 and Messenger Plus 3.50.124.
>> > Unlike others on this NG everything is functional, all I wish to do it
>> > turn off the Ad Banner at the bottom. Unless I have overlooked
>> > something
>> > there does not appear to be a toggle anywhere.
>> >
>> > Grateful thanks.
>> >
>> > Arie

April 13, 2005 10:35:32 PM

true. however when I pay for hotmail all the advertising goes away. - so it
would be in keeping if the same thing happened with messenger.

!