Xanxicar and the Crystal Caves

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Sounds like a Harry Potter title doesn't it! hehehe

Anyways - this place has me soooo intigued, I was wondering if any of you
have popped into the Crystal Caves for a visit. Everything I have read
about it is scary, and last year before looking into it properly, I led
three groups of level 50s in, only to die in a very quick and messy fashion!

Xanxicar is a very large white/silverish dragon with two heads, rated at
level 80 by Allakhazam. In 1.61 he was apparently nerfed a bit, but he's
still hard as nails. Also, to get to him you have to fight your way through
an army of guards, level 65/75, which fight hard and can shoot through
walls.

Now, with Gole (The Alb Dragon), he is apparently doable with a select
single group, as well as the usual "Strength in Numbers" method, but getting
to said critter isn't really much of a mission - Dartmoor might be filled
with Giants, but you can avoid them. This chap in Crystal Caves is a
different matter, or so it seems.

So - any tales of bravery or foolishness out there?!

--
=====
Thanks!

Darillin: 50 Inconnu Necromancer
Daarkan: 3x Briton Paladin
Mathius: 3x Briton Friar
Antivius: 3x Briton Cleric
Milandros: 3x Avalonian Wizard
Callie: 2x Saracen Scout
Almond: X Highlander Minstrel
Callendra: X Saracen Infiltrator

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

In answer to my own question, a German Server took him out this week, BUT it
looked hella-boring - they used a focus group on it... One Sim, lots of
clerics *yawnies*

"Dan English" <dan.junk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Sounds like a Harry Potter title doesn't it! hehehe
>
> Anyways - this place has me soooo intigued, I was wondering if any of you
> have popped into the Crystal Caves for a visit. Everything I have read
> about it is scary, and last year before looking into it properly, I led
> three groups of level 50s in, only to die in a very quick and messy
fashion!

> Xanxicar is a very large white/silverish dragon with two heads, rated at
> level 80 by Allakhazam. In 1.61 he was apparently nerfed a bit, but he's
> still hard as nails. Also, to get to him you have to fight your way
through
> an army of guards, level 65/75, which fight hard and can shoot through
> walls.
>
> Now, with Gole (The Alb Dragon), he is apparently doable with a select
> single group, as well as the usual "Strength in Numbers" method, but
getting
> to said critter isn't really much of a mission - Dartmoor might be filled
> with Giants, but you can avoid them. This chap in Crystal Caves is a
> different matter, or so it seems.
>
> So - any tales of bravery or foolishness out there?!
>

> --
> =====
> Thanks!
> Dan English
> Alb/Excal (Europe)
>
> Darillin: 50 Inconnu Necromancer
> Daarkan: 3x Briton Paladin
> Mathius: 3x Briton Friar
> Antivius: 3x Briton Cleric
> Milandros: 3x Avalonian Wizard
> Callie: 2x Saracen Scout
> Almond: X Highlander Minstrel
> Callendra: X Saracen Infiltrator

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

In answer to my own question, a German Server took him out this week, BUT it
looked hella-boring - they used a focus group on it... One Sim, lots of
clerics *yawnies*

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=23735&highlight=xanxicar

Movie filled with Awe Inspiring music, but seems the most hassle they had
was from guards (which are nasty buggers by all accounts!). Not sure why
they think they were great mind you - just sitting around watching a sim do
all the work! Movie is 50-60 Mbs.

So - I continue my quest to find people that have actually stuck the
business end of their sword into the big ol' Dragon.

Heads are a mean-looking trophy mind you :)

Laters!

Dan