I see SSID but no signal, no DHCP

I just bought the E-tech Wireless 54 Mbps ADSL Modem and an E-tech 54
Mbps PC-card for my laptop. I can't get my laptop to work wireless. I
see the routers SSID and I can connect. The signal strenght is N/A and
the Link Quality is N/A either. DHCP is not working as I see another
IP-adres in IPCONFIG then I would get from the router. When I try to
renew, the DHCP-server cannot be found.

I've just the default setup without changes.

My laptop is just 3 meters away from the router.

Does any one have a clue?

N.b. this is the first time I've installed a wireless network, so
hopefully it's just something stupid ;-)

Thanks,

Coen
Netherlands

--
cobu

First, did you follow the instructions that came with your devices
regarding installation? Are you able to access the modem's menu to
enable DHCP, etc.? Is the card configured to access the wireless
modem? What OS are you using.