Your question

Using Raid ports

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • NAS / RAID
  • MSI
Last response: in Motherboards
March 1, 2002 9:26:37 PM

I have a MSI K7T266 Pro2 RU Mobo. I would like to use IDE port 3 and 4 for extra HD's. I was told by MSI to keep raid turned on in the Bios,(There are no jumpers on the Board). I hooked my drives up to 3 and 4 but the Bios does not see them, nor does install XP see them. I then was told I would have to use the Fast build utility to stripe the two drives and build a aray to get them reconized. I did this and got no results. I am using one maxtor 45 gig and a Maxtor 4.3 gigh. I don't want to use raid .I just want to use the ports for extra drives. If any one has this paticular Board please help me in getting those drives working on IDE 3 and 4. The asus A7V133 all you do is plug them in and they work.the MSI must be configured different. Thanks Bruce

More about : raid ports

March 1, 2002 10:23:34 PM

Ensure the ATA100 setting (if there is one) is enabled.

You shouldn't need to have the RAID function enabled as long as the ports are enabled individually. Double check the 4.3GB drive to make sure it isn't ATA33. ATA33 drives are probably not supported on IDEs 3 & 4.

<b><font color=blue>~ They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha! ~</font color=blue></b>
March 1, 2002 10:45:33 PM

I unplugged the other drive(4.3)and still does not detect the other drive untill I enable Raid in the Bios and build the aray in fast track. I built the aray in fast track and it made the 45 gig functional (mode 1=0 strip ) I also set the third boot device to fast tract raid. When the IDE drives are scanned at boot up it finds the 45 gig and says it is functional, but win XP can't find any drive to install to.
March 1, 2002 10:52:16 PM

I unplugged the other drive(4.3) and still does not detect the other drive untill I enable the raid in the bios and build a aray with fast track.I built the aray in fast track and made the 45 gig drive functional.(Mode 1=0 Stripe ) I also set the 3rd boot device to fast track raid. When it scans the IDE drive at boot up it finds the drive but win XP says there is no drives to install to.
Related resources
!