MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 Freezes after i login

April 11, 2005 6:01:08 AM

I got the new version of MSN Messenger and it keeps
freezing after i sign in
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 8:00:47 PM

Greetings,

Yes, this is a known problem with MSN Messenger 7 final and some router devices. If you're
not into tinkering with the router configuration (the option to turn off to fix this will be
under SPI/Stateful Packet Inspection or Block WAN Requests), you can simply uninstall MSN
Messenger 7 and go back to the previous version:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/62installer.asp
or use of the betas:
http://www.msnmessenger7.net

Hopefully a newer build containing the fix for this will be available soon, which will allow
you to use v7 without altering the router configuration.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

<stefalfieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ad001c53e75$00772070$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I got the new version of MSN Messenger and it keeps
> freezing after i sign in
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:51:29 AM

This is an unhelpful reply. Could you post step by step instructions
for router configuration. That would help. Thanx.
Steven
Related resources
May 25, 2005 7:41:40 PM

I had the same problem and easily fixed it after digging for the
solution for a while.

You have some ports that are fowarded in your router settings that is
causing this. I cant remember which ones dough. :(

So check your router port fowarding settings and check which ports are
fowarded. I dont keep any ports under 10,000 opened and it solved it
for me.

The freeze was caused by having, in my router settings these ports
fowarded. In my case anyway:

1863-1864
6346-6347
5004-6553
6969

Make sure these ports are not fowarded and it should do the trick. ;)

Please post a quick reply to let me know if it fixed it or not please.

--
Tekkie
Tekkie's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1633