MSN 7.0 Webcam bug

Our Customer report a bug that if you plug in and out device for
several times, he cannot use webcam to share with his friend. But at
this moment, the device is still nice in "tool/webcam settings" or
AMCAP. The first time use the sharing webcam is fine. After plug
in/out for times, it will failed. This is also happened with Logitec
webcam! So I am not sure that is my driver's bug or the MSN
Messenger's bug? Could anyone tell me?

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-
bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?
p_faqid=620
The above link is a fix for your problem from Logitech.
The AMCAP program you use I consider the best there is,
simple and tiny tool, I have the original by Microsoft.
There is no bug in MSN Messenger, the users either remove
the webcam when still in use and cause the failures; or
install MSN Messenger 7 ontop of the old version, before
first signing off, exiting, and removing the old.

Thanks, but it still no work!

The problem is you can see the webcam device at AMCAP and
MSN messenger's webcam settings. but when I invite others
to start viewing my webcam, the MSN messenger just tell me
there is no webcam device. This is only happened in WinXP.
The driver is working fine with MSN 6.2 or previous. So I
am think that the new MSN 7.0 has this bug inside!
The bug is made by just plug in and out device for few
times (less than 10). than bug appears.
Because the driver is writen by me, I use a logitech webcam
to test. It happens too. Whatever the logitech webcam is
using winxp built-in driver or the latest one download from
website. they have the same problem. And we both work fine
in v6.2.

When I plug in two webcam on PC (no matter it is logitech
or mine). The problem will disappear. The problem only
appears when there is only one webcam. All the information
I get is pointing to the problem is caused by MSN
messenger. Isn't it?

Tested on Messenger 6.2, 7 Beta and 7 final with
simultaneous webcams Sony DRC-TVR70 and Logitech QuicCam
Orbit with drivers 1.1.1.14 dated 10/16/02 and 8.4.1.1092
dated 10/80/04 respectively ( both drivers installed
BEFORE pluging in the camaras, as instructed by
manufacturers ). When camaras were OFF (never ever on ),
disconnected on/off USB 12 times and no malfunction was
noticed (NEVER disconected when in use). To avoid a video
conflict, care was taken to select in the AMCAP Devices
the same webcam and audio source as in the Messenger
Audio and Video Tunning Wizard. Finally, I have no
problem while online switching camaras (2) nor audio
source (3) ( headset microphone and the integrated in the
camaras ). Sorry to say but I don't find the bug you say
on MSN Messenger 7.0.0777.