Soyo Dragon Plus audio issues

Vass

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2002
ok...finally got around to upgrading my machine...

Running soyo dragon plus, 512mb, Visiontech ti 500....AND, and ancient Ensoniq audio card w/ soundblaster legacy drivers because I can't get the onboard audio to work...

Now, I can either have sounds such as the Windows Startup, or I can have video. Not both. I can't play games, either. I can't play MP3's....The extent of my sound is the .wav files in Windows...anything else locks the program, and when I CAD out of it, the whole machine locks.

SO, if someone can help me either 1) get the onboard audio on the Dragon to work or 2) get my old ensoniq PCI card to work I would be most grateful.

Something else interesting....Or madenning...I can't get the stupid mixer that is supposed to work with the Soyo audio to work. It makes an icon in the systray, and does not come up. It just sits there....Mocking me.

Any help anyone can offer would be wonderful.

Thanks

Vass

G

About the onboard sound card, first of all take a look at the bios and see if it is on (enabled), after that make sure you install the RIGHT drivers for it and even if you do, check for updated versions on the manufacturers website. If those dosn't help, chances are that you got a faulty motherboard and you should take it back where you bought it and ask them to give you another one.
Good luck.

G

I never got the onboard sound to work properly in Win98 (real slow and choppy sound) but it has worked great in XP and two Linux distros.

G

Running, win98 and on-board sound works great. Took out sb live as it was causing crashes. No problems now.

I also upgraded to lates bios - April 02, I think.

pat

Expert
I've just updated to a RAID config and I've installed the onboard sound on my Dragon+ like this.

1-downloaded the driver from soyo site
2-extracted the drivers to a temp dir
3-In the device manager, I've selected the sound device, and selected intall drivers. I've pointed the install wizzard to my temp dir so that it could pick the right drivers.
4-everything works fine

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!