Slow transfers in my LAN !!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I used to able to have fast file transfers in my LAN but now its slow.
WHY?

I was using the older msn 7 beta ( I think it was 432) and now I am using 7
final (777)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

are U behind a proxy?

--

D@nnyBoy
Have you tried posting your problems

and please don't bother to send me private mail
because I don't check my mailbox regularly

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>I used to able to have fast file transfers in my LAN but now its slow.
> WHY?
>
> I was using the older msn 7 beta ( I think it was 432) and now I am using
> 7 final (777)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

No I am connected directly to the internet, with only the XP SP2 firewall
on.
It worked with MSN 7 beta as I posted. It is a bug of some sort of 7 final.

Kenny

"D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> are U behind a proxy?
>
> --
>
> D@nnyBoy
> Have you tried posting your problems
> not related to MS AntiSpyware to
>
> and please don't bother to send me private mail
> because I don't check my mailbox regularly
>

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>I used to able to have fast file transfers in my LAN but now its slow.
>> WHY?
>>
>> I was using the older msn 7 beta ( I think it was 432) and now I am using
>> 7 final (777)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Kenny,

So you have a two NICs or are using dialup? or is their a router involved here?
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

> No I am connected directly to the internet, with only the XP SP2 firewall on.
> It worked with MSN 7 beta as I posted. It is a bug of some sort of 7 final.
>
> Kenny
>
> "D@annyBoy" <origin@ld@nnyboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> are U behind a proxy?
>>
>> --
>>
>> D@nnyBoy
>> Have you tried posting your problems
>> not related to MS AntiSpyware to
>>
>> and please don't bother to send me private mail
>> because I don't check my mailbox regularly
>>

>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I used to able to have fast file transfers in my LAN but now its slow.
>>> WHY?
>>>
>>> I was using the older msn 7 beta ( I think it was 432) and now I am using 7 final (777)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

My lan is of 2 PCs connected with a cross cable (no router) and 2 nics. the
simplest form of lan! Both PCs are XPSP2 and running the latest MSN 7 final.

I am also connected to the internet directly with a adsl modem on one of the
computers, and the connection is sharred with ICS to the other pc as well.

As I said the transfers were fine with the msn 7 beta....

Also may I comment on the restrictions of the file types transfer>>> IT
STINKS!
Stupid idea from microsoft....
I used the fix to make it go away.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

We can thank the malware authors and the attorneys for that one.
All of this security is like the automatic motorized shoulder harness
seatbelts that were all the rave in the 90's.

Bob

"Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message
> We can thank the malware authors and the attorneys for that one.
> All of this security is like the automatic motorized shoulder harness seatbelts that were
> all the rave in the 90's.

Or the state of security procedures at any airport ;)

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in
> message
> > We can thank the malware authors and the attorneys for that
> one.
> > All of this security is like the automatic motorized
> shoulder harness seatbelts that were
> > all the rave in the 90's.
>
> Or the state of security procedures at any airport ;)
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.

I have run into the same problem transferring files between two
systems, one with a gigabit lan, the other 10/100, through a 10/100
router.

With the old version of Messenger I was moving files at around
5-10mb/s, now I need to link all the computers though a domain or a
workgroup (XP Pro and Xp Home communication 8O ) or just ftp it
through my little ftp server because Messenger now is Horrible for
getting that little "click here to see why you are experiencing a
slow connection"...

I guess I need to go back to using 2 gigabit nics with a crossover
connection (then its just windows that stands in the way of slowing it
down and not messnger, the os, and the hardware).

If anyone can help... Thank you :wink:

Paul

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Slow-transfers-LAN-ftopict357169.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1138585