New MSN 7, problem connecting

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hello everyone

since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
guess.

Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
compatible with my connections types?

I hope the first one!

Thank you

Angelo
7 answers Last reply
More about problem connecting
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.

    --
    Ben B. [US]

    "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone
    >
    > since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
    > problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
    > says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
    > both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
    > several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
    > guess.
    >
    > Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
    > compatible with my connections types?
    >
    > I hope the first one!
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Angelo

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>

    --
    Peter

    Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    "Ben B. [US]" <NOSPAM.bbodenmiller@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.
    >
    > --
    > Ben B. [US]
    >
    > "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello everyone
    >>
    >> since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
    >> problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
    >> says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
    >> both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to
    >> connect several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any
    >> problems, i guess.
    >>
    >> Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
    >> compatible with my connections types?
    >>
    >> I hope the first one!
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> Angelo

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Yes but the microsoft.public.msn.messenger is specifically for MSN
    Messenger.

    --
    Ben B. [US]

    "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
    > After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    > "Ben B. [US]" <NOSPAM.bbodenmiller@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    >> Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ben B. [US]
    >>
    >> "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello everyone
    >>>
    >>> since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
    >>> problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
    >>> says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
    >>> both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to
    >>> connect several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any
    >>> problems, i guess.
    >>>
    >>> Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
    >>> compatible with my connections types?
    >>>
    >>> I hope the first one!
    >>>
    >>> Thank you
    >>>
    >>> Angelo

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Peter Foldes wrote:

    > After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>

    Not much of that.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Well...why don't you cut and paste the contents, visit the msn.messenger
    forum, and post. Maybe an answer will be forthcoming. Once answered return
    here and enlighten the group...but if you know the answer and chose not to
    answer here because it was in the wrong forum, then what really is concern;
    which would lead many of us to question what your real purpose is -- to
    answer or comment on anything msn(this is not msn help)in an open discussion
    or just redirect anyone who comes here for help to another location or is it
    to brag a bit(your words below) as exclaimed in that other forum..

    " I'm not saying I know more than Jonathan but compared to some people!
    HAHAH! "

    It also appears, in another post, that you disagree with Mssr. Kay/MVP on a
    violation of the TOS for Messenger(you called it Terms of Use, TOU???) Most
    of us are more inclined to believe JK's input and that his documented fix is
    not hacking as you appear to see it.

    Keep up the good work..we should always value contributions like yours in
    any forum.

    ..winston

    : Yes but the microsoft.public.msn.messenger is specifically for MSN
    : Messenger.
    :
    : --
    : Ben B. [US]
    :
    : "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
    : news:eqUGKbCQFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>
    : >
    : > --
    : > Peter
    : >
    : > Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
    : > "Ben B. [US]" <NOSPAM.bbodenmiller@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    : > news:u38yKu9PFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    : >> Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.
    : >>
    : >> --
    : >> Ben B. [US]
    : >>
    : >> "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    : >> news:AjW6e.55237$kC3.40996@tornado.fastwebnet.it...
    : >>> Hello everyone
    : >>>
[...]
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    I had the same problem, the following solved it for me.

    From microsoft.public.msn.messenger:

    "...click the Tools menu, then Options, then
    Connection category,
    click the Advanced Settings button, uncheck all the options, click OK twice
    and then try
    again."

    "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<AjW6e.55237$kC3.40996@tornado.fastwebnet.it>...
    > Hello everyone
    >
    > since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
    > problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
    > says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
    > both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
    > several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
    > guess.
    >
    > Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
    > compatible with my connections types?
    >
    > I hope the first one!
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Angelo
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    thanks for the feedbacl
    are you behind a firewall?

    Ching wrote in news:1bdaedb6.0504231748.24fbfa1a@posting.google.com
    >I had the same problem, the following solved it for me.
    >

    > From microsoft.public.msn.messenger:
    >
    > "...click the Tools menu, then Options, then
    > Connection category,
    > click the Advanced Settings button, uncheck all the options, click OK twice
    > and then try
    > again."
    >

    > "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello everyone
    >>
    >> since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
    >> problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
    >> says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
    >> both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
    >> several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
    >> guess.
    >>
    >> Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
    >> compatible with my connections types?
    >>
    >> I hope the first one!
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> Angelo