New MSN 7, problem connecting

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hello everyone

since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
guess.

Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
compatible with my connections types?

I hope the first one!

Thank you

Angelo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.

--
Ben B. [US]

"well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone
>
> since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
> problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
> says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
> both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
> several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
> guess.
>
> Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
> compatible with my connections types?
>
> I hope the first one!
>
> Thank you
>
> Angelo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>

--
Peter

Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
"Ben B. [US]" <NOSPAM.bbodenmiller@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.
>
> --
> Ben B. [US]
>
> "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello everyone
>>
>> since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
>> problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
>> says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
>> both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to
>> connect several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any
>> problems, i guess.
>>
>> Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
>> compatible with my connections types?
>>
>> I hope the first one!
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Angelo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Yes but the microsoft.public.msn.messenger is specifically for MSN
Messenger.

--
Ben B. [US]

Peter Foldes wrote:

> After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>

Not much of that.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Well...why don't you cut and paste the contents, visit the msn.messenger
forum, and post. Maybe an answer will be forthcoming. Once answered return
here and enlighten the group...but if you know the answer and chose not to
answer here because it was in the wrong forum, then what really is concern;
which would lead many of us to question what your real purpose is -- to
answer or comment on anything msn(this is not msn help)in an open discussion
or just redirect anyone who comes here for help to another location or is it
to brag a bit(your words below) as exclaimed in that other forum..

" I'm not saying I know more than Jonathan but compared to some people!
HAHAH! "

It also appears, in another post, that you disagree with Mssr. Kay/MVP on a
violation of the TOS for Messenger(you called it Terms of Use, TOU???) Most
of us are more inclined to believe JK's input and that his documented fix is
not hacking as you appear to see it.

Keep up the good work..we should always value contributions like yours in
any forum.

..winston

: Yes but the microsoft.public.msn.messenger is specifically for MSN
: Messenger.
:
: --
: Ben B. [US]
:
: "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
: news:eqUGKbCQFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > After all this newsgroup does say msn.discussion <s>
: >
: > --
: > Peter
: >
: > Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
: > "Ben B. [US]" <NOSPAM.bbodenmiller@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
: > news:u38yKu9PFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: >> Please post this in the microsoft.public.msn.messenger NG.
: >>
: >> --
: >> Ben B. [US]
: >>
: >> "well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: >> news:AjW6e.55237$kC3.40996@tornado.fastwebnet.it...
: >>> Hello everyone
: >>>
[...]

I had the same problem, the following solved it for me.

From microsoft.public.msn.messenger:

"...click the Tools menu, then Options, then
Connection category,
click the Advanced Settings button, uncheck all the options, click OK twice
and then try
again."

"well84" <well_84NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<AjW6e.55237$kC3.40996@tornado.fastwebnet.it>...
> Hello everyone
>
> since I installed the new messenger 7 (previously i had 7 beta, and no
> problems..) it's very difficult to login. As soon as i click connect, it
> says service unavailable, and this happens both at home and at work, and
> both with desktop and laptop computer. Usually after attempting to connect
> several times (average 10) i can login and i dont have any problems, i
> guess.
>
> Is it a temporary problem of MSN 7 due to overload or it's just not very
> compatible with my connections types?
>
> I hope the first one!
>
> Thank you
>
> Angelo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

thanks for the feedbacl
are you behind a firewall?

Ching wrote in news:1bdaedb6.0504231748.24fbfa1a@posting.google.com