Replace windows messenger with msn, retain outlook integra..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Guess this has been already asked a thousand times, but I cant find a
definitive yes or no...

Is it possible to "replace" windows messenger with MSN messenger and
retain the integration with outlook/outlook express (so msn messenger is
actually integrated so you dont get signed off on msn by windows
messenger starting)?

I know you can uninstall/unregister windows messenger, but then msn
messenger integration is still missing in outlook/express.

Any definitive yes or no if this is possible?

Henne
2 answers Last reply
More about replace windows messenger retain outlook integra
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

    Greetings Henne,

    This is not possible, MSN Messenger is totally different and will not integrate in this way.
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "Henne" <maederh@uni-muenster.de> wrote in message
    > Guess this has been already asked a thousand times, but I cant find a definitive yes or
    > no...
    >
    > Is it possible to "replace" windows messenger with MSN messenger and retain the integration
    > with outlook/outlook express (so msn messenger is actually integrated so you dont get
    > signed off on msn by windows messenger starting)?
    >
    > I know you can uninstall/unregister windows messenger, but then msn messenger integration
    > is still missing in outlook/express.
    >
    > Any definitive yes or no if this is possible?
    >
    > Henne
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

    You could just disable WM in IE Tools/Manage Add-ons, also Adaware SE (good
    for cleaning adware out) has two useful Messenger plug-ins, one for
    OE/Disable Messenger

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    "Henne" <maederh@uni-muenster.de> wrote in message
    > Guess this has been already asked a thousand times, but I cant find a
    > definitive yes or no...
    >
    > Is it possible to "replace" windows messenger with MSN messenger and
    > retain the integration with outlook/outlook express (so msn messenger is
    > actually integrated so you dont get signed off on msn by windows messenger
    > starting)?
    >
    > I know you can uninstall/unregister windows messenger, but then msn
    > messenger integration is still missing in outlook/express.
    >
    > Any definitive yes or no if this is possible?
    >
    > Henne

MSN Outlook Express Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP