Replace windows messenger with msn, retain outlook integra..

April 14, 2005 3:06:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Guess this has been already asked a thousand times, but I cant find a
definitive yes or no...

Is it possible to "replace" windows messenger with MSN messenger and
retain the integration with outlook/outlook express (so msn messenger is
actually integrated so you dont get signed off on msn by windows
messenger starting)?

I know you can uninstall/unregister windows messenger, but then msn
messenger integration is still missing in outlook/express.

Any definitive yes or no if this is possible?

Henne
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:06:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Henne,

This is not possible, MSN Messenger is totally different and will not integrate in this way.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Henne" <maederh@uni-muenster.de> wrote in message
news:D 3lbhm$v5p$1@sagnix.uni-muenster.de...
> Guess this has been already asked a thousand times, but I cant find a definitive yes or
> no...
>
> Is it possible to "replace" windows messenger with MSN messenger and retain the integration
> with outlook/outlook express (so msn messenger is actually integrated so you dont get
> signed off on msn by windows messenger starting)?
>
> I know you can uninstall/unregister windows messenger, but then msn messenger integration
> is still missing in outlook/express.
>
> Any definitive yes or no if this is possible?
>
> Henne
April 14, 2005 5:39:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

You could just disable WM in IE Tools/Manage Add-ons, also Adaware SE (good
for cleaning adware out) has two useful Messenger plug-ins, one for
OE/Disable Messenger

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada