  • Switch
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
April 10, 2004 4:50:13 PM

Are there any drawbacks to switching plans temporarily, from local digital
to America's Choice, for just a week? The plan is the same cost as my
local plan and I'll be traveling for a week and see no problems switching
to avoid roaming charges.

--
Ken

More about : switch plans temporarily

Anonymous
April 10, 2004 5:15:23 PM

"Ken Moffat" <junk@drip23.drizzle.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.04.10.19.50.13.796887@drip23.drizzle.com
> Are there any drawbacks to switching plans temporarily, from local
> digital to America's Choice, for just a week? The plan is the same
> cost as my local plan and I'll be traveling for a week and see no
> problems switching to avoid roaming charges.

Haven't run across any, and aside from switching to regular AC, when I
travel to Canada or Mexico, I switch to North Americas Choice. (does cost a
bit extra, but once you get zapped for roaming charges in Canada or Mexico,
it's a minior charge!)
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 6:16:47 PM

>Ken Moffat <junk@drip23.drizzle.com> wrote:

>Are there any drawbacks to switching plans temporarily, from local digital
>to America's Choice, for just a week? The plan is the same cost as my
>local plan and I'll be traveling for a week and see no problems switching
>to avoid roaming charges.

I have done it. We switched from NationalAccess to America's Choice for
a week or so when we were not in a NA service area. By canceling the
change after that week or so, we reverted to our old plan and old
contract expiration date.

I don't recall whether we had 15 or 30 days to do that. If you don't
cancel your change within that time period, your contract expiration
date gets moved to a year from the change.
April 10, 2004 7:18:49 PM

Dapper Dave wrote:
>>Ken Moffat <junk@drip23.drizzle.com> wrote:
>

>>Are there any drawbacks to switching plans temporarily, from local digital
>>to America's Choice, for just a week? The plan is the same cost as my
>>local plan and I'll be traveling for a week and see no problems switching
>>to avoid roaming charges.
>

> I have done it. We switched from NationalAccess to America's Choice for
> a week or so when we were not in a NA service area. By canceling the
> change after that week or so, we reverted to our old plan and old
> contract expiration date.
>
> I don't recall whether we had 15 or 30 days to do that. If you don't
> cancel your change within that time period, your contract expiration
> date gets moved to a year from the change.

Good news, apparently no drawback. CS told me I have 30 days to switch
back, so I did it. Thanks.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 12:05:54 AM

ken moffat <kmoffat@drizzle.com> wrote in message news:<1081635431.385435@yasure>...
> Dapper Dave wrote:
> >>Ken Moffat <junk@drip23.drizzle.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Are there any drawbacks to switching plans temporarily, from local digital
> >>to America's Choice, for just a week? The plan is the same cost as my
> >>local plan and I'll be traveling for a week and see no problems switching
> >>to avoid roaming charges.
> >

> > I have done it. We switched from NationalAccess to America's Choice for
> > a week or so when we were not in a NA service area. By canceling the
> > change after that week or so, we reverted to our old plan and old
> > contract expiration date.
> >
> > I don't recall whether we had 15 or 30 days to do that. If you don't
> > cancel your change within that time period, your contract expiration
> > date gets moved to a year from the change.
>
> Good news, apparently no drawback. CS told me I have 30 days to switch
> back, so I did it. Thanks.

When I changed plans I usually get a letter from verizon advising 30
days.--changed back one time, and other than a technical glitch, no
problems.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 2:07:58 AM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:05:54 -0700, plane wrote:

> When I changed plans I usually get a letter from verizon advising 30
> days.--changed back one time, and other than a technical glitch, no
> problems.

I have to say, I'm extremely happy with the CS rep, who's name was Sharla
and who works in the Salt Lake City Call Center. Very helpful,
informative, and took the time to make me comfortable with the change.

--
Ken
Anonymous

And how do your contracts fare after all this? Does it have to do with promo plans?
!