messenger won't launch after installing SP2

April 15, 2005 5:21:02 PM

So I installed SP2 on some of my machines here at work and now messenger
won't launch. I go to launch it and it is just unresponsive. Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 7:02:44 PM

Greetings,

Which "Messenger" are we referring to; MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger and which version?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"inurmix" <inurmix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So I installed SP2 on some of my machines here at work and now messenger
> won't launch. I go to launch it and it is just unresponsive. Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:44:14 PM

Windows messenger 5.1

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Which "Messenger" are we referring to; MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger and which version?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "inurmix" <inurmix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So I installed SP2 on some of my machines here at work and now messenger
> > won't launch. I go to launch it and it is just unresponsive. Any ideas?

April 17, 2005 7:04:15 PM

Hi,

Try running the following registry files on one of the PCs where it won't work anymore.
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindow...
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessen...
After running these, reboot and then try opening Windows Messenger again.

> Windows messenger 5.1
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Which "Messenger" are we referring to; MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger and which
>> version?
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "inurmix" <inurmix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > So I installed SP2 on some of my machines here at work and now messenger
>> > won't launch. I go to launch it and it is just unresponsive. Any ideas?

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:16:04 PM

That didn't work. Any other suggestions?

"inurmix" wrote:

> So I installed SP2 on some of my machines here at work and now messenger
> won't launch. I go to launch it and it is just unresponsive. Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:31:03 PM

I was looking at those registry scripts and they just verify that the value
data is set to 0 which I already did.

!