Msn Messenger... Plz heeelp!!

April 15, 2005 7:43:45 PM

I've been tryin' to use the new 7.0 messenger version, but as soon as i log
in, the program freezes and does no more... :'(  im really frustrated now
'cause i've been like this for 2 weeks and nothing happens... Some help???
Thanks!
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:43:29 PM

Try this:

Go to Messenger | Tools | Options | Connection | Advanced Settings. Remove
all checks from the four boxes. Sign out of Messenger. Exit Messenger. Then
start Messenger again. If that doesn't work, reboot and allow it to try auto
sign in.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Anel Ferdi" <AnelFerdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been tryin' to use the new 7.0 messenger version, but as soon as i
> log
> in, the program freezes and does no more... :'(  im really frustrated now
> 'cause i've been like this for 2 weeks and nothing happens... Some help???
> Thanks!
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 7:00:51 PM

Greetings Anel,

This is a known issue with some configurations (when you have a router or firewall setup
which is blocking specific requests from Messenger). You may want to downgrade to one of the
beta releases:
http://www.msnmessenger7.net
or use 6.2 instead:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=12...
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

!