Msn Messenger... Plz heeelp!!

I've been tryin' to use the new 7.0 messenger version, but as soon as i log
in, the program freezes and does no more... :'( im really frustrated now
'cause i've been like this for 2 weeks and nothing happens... Some help???
Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger heeelp

    Try this:

    Go to Messenger | Tools | Options | Connection | Advanced Settings. Remove
    all checks from the four boxes. Sign out of Messenger. Exit Messenger. Then
    start Messenger again. If that doesn't work, reboot and allow it to try auto
    sign in.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Anel Ferdi" <AnelFerdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've been tryin' to use the new 7.0 messenger version, but as soon as i
    > log
    > in, the program freezes and does no more... :'( im really frustrated now
    > 'cause i've been like this for 2 weeks and nothing happens... Some help???
    > Thanks!

    Greetings Anel,

    This is a known issue with some configurations (when you have a router or firewall setup
    which is blocking specific requests from Messenger). You may want to downgrade to one of the
    beta releases:
    http://www.msnmessenger7.net
    or use 6.2 instead:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=12750556-D4D0-42D6-9F05-1FF3C799BB10
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "Anel Ferdi" <AnelFerdi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've been tryin' to use the new 7.0 messenger version, but as soon as i log
    > in, the program freezes and does no more... :'( im really frustrated now
    > 'cause i've been like this for 2 weeks and nothing happens... Some help???
    > Thanks!

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP