Dodgy Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Okay,
I'm currently having problems trying to read DVD's using Windows 2000 cant seem to 'backup' the VOb files to my HDD. I'm using a Pioneer-113 DVD drive.
When I try and use special software to rip the VOB files off the software goes through as normal not complaining but nothing ever seems to be copied from the DVD drive :(

The really strange thing is that if I try to play a VOB file straight from the DVD drive in Media Player I get the error message :
"The Maximin number of secrets that may ne stored in a single system has neem exceeded"

This is also the error message I get if I try and do a simple file copy of a VOB file off the DVD disc.

What on earth does it mean by a secret?? Also anyone have a clue as to where my problem is?

Al

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Now that is one wierd set of problems!!!

Out of curiosity what DVD are you trying to 'backup'? Is it a new disc/all discs etc.?

I have copied 'some' DVD files to HDD in the past, for educational and backup purposes of course, and never had a problem.

I wonder if it is a new disc and has some form of copy/read protection in the way of The Patriot for new scripted region protection?

Interesting...

-Your Comany Names Could Be Here-
e-mail for application details.

G

I managed to solve the problem a couple of days ago..
Seemed to be dodgy ASPI drivers that I was running under Win2k.. I shoved another wnaspi32.dll driver in and it seemed to work fine!

Now I can play and rip DVD's as much as I want...

The down side to this story is that the next time I rebooted the machine after updating ASPI, it just blue screens so it looks like Win2k will have to be re-installed ..

Bah-Humbug!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS