New Messenger ..... Audio Question

Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
had who are using a router????

Thanks for the advise
Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about messenger audio question

    bob wrote:
    > Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
    > had who are using a router????
    >
    > Thanks for the advise
    > Bob
    Bob, I was involved heavily with pushing for a solution to getting
    no audio in conjunction with video. I have DSL and a Westell
    modem/router, and my ISP, by remote access, reprogrammed it and
    solved whatever the problem was. I made a lot of noise and sure was
    the squeaky whell, but I got good advice, and have had no problem
    since. Hope this will help other people.

    Oh, one more point. One of my contacts was set up and running fine,
    relocated and set up again from scratch. Again no audio. But this
    time it was something else: hidden away in a drop down menu on
    one of the pictures is a "Mute" box... somehow theirs got checked. When
    they unchecked it, audio came back. Hope that helps, too.

    --
    William B. Lurie

    Greetings Bob,

    Although nothing is 100% (due to the many "tricks" router manufacturers like to do), MSN
    Messenger 7 does allow a lot of router/firewall scenarios which the previous version did not.
    So yes, if you were having trouble in the past, I'd suggest trying again now.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
    > had who are using a router????
    >
    > Thanks for the advise
    > Bob

    thanks .... I will give the new version a try

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Bob,
    >
    > Although nothing is 100% (due to the many "tricks" router manufacturers like to do), MSN
    > Messenger 7 does allow a lot of router/firewall scenarios which the previous version did not.
    > So yes, if you were having trouble in the past, I'd suggest trying again now.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
    > > had who are using a router????
    > >
    > > Thanks for the advise
    > > Bob

Audio Messenger Microsoft Windows XP