New Messenger ..... Audio Question

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
had who are using a router????

Thanks for the advise
Bob

bob wrote:
> Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
> had who are using a router????
>
> Thanks for the advise
> Bob
Bob, I was involved heavily with pushing for a solution to getting
no audio in conjunction with video. I have DSL and a Westell
modem/router, and my ISP, by remote access, reprogrammed it and
solved whatever the problem was. I made a lot of noise and sure was
the squeaky whell, but I got good advice, and have had no problem
since. Hope this will help other people.

Oh, one more point. One of my contacts was set up and running fine,
relocated and set up again from scratch. Again no audio. But this
time it was something else: hidden away in a drop down menu on
one of the pictures is a "Mute" box... somehow theirs got checked. When
they unchecked it, audio came back. Hope that helps, too.

--
William B. Lurie

Greetings Bob,

Although nothing is 100% (due to the many "tricks" router manufacturers like to do), MSN
Messenger 7 does allow a lot of router/firewall scenarios which the previous version did not.
So yes, if you were having trouble in the past, I'd suggest trying again now.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does he new version of messenger resolve all the audio problems people have
> had who are using a router????
>
> Thanks for the advise
> Bob

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

thanks .... I will give the new version a try