R6025 error on messenger/msmsg.exe is driving me nuts! Help!

Tags:
  • Messenger
  • Microsoft
  • MSN Messenger
  • Windows XP
April 17, 2005 5:30:38 PM

This message is poping up every few minutes. If I leave the PC for a
while I collect dozens of them. I have 2 users on the PC and at one
time it was happening to us both. I took off a Logitech video
conference programme and reinstalled MSN Messenger 6.2 and it went
from my side, but is continuing to happen to my daughters User part of
the PC.

Config is: Windows XP Pro. Just installed MSN Messenger 7, which had
no effect - good or bad.

The message reads:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:c\program files\messenger\msmsg.exe
R6025
- Pure Virtual function call

I’d really appreciate help on this,

kind regards,

Algy

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-R6025-error-msms...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1141941

More about : r6025 error messenger msmsg exe driving nuts

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 7:05:18 PM

Greetings Algy,

This is a known issue. At the moment there nothing more than a workaround, which is to
install Messenger Plus! (don't install the sponsor program when prompted) which won't solve
the problem per se, but handles the error so you don't have to see it (and Messenger keeps
running): http://www.msgplus.net
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"algy" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> This message is poping up every few minutes. If I leave the PC for a
> while I collect dozens of them. I have 2 users on the PC and at one
> time it was happening to us both. I took off a Logitech video
> conference programme and reinstalled MSN Messenger 6.2 and it went
> from my side, but is continuing to happen to my daughters User part of
> the PC.
>
> Config is: Windows XP Pro. Just installed MSN Messenger 7, which had
> no effect - good or bad.
>
> The message reads:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program:c\program files\messenger\msmsg.exe
> R6025
> - Pure Virtual function call
>

> I'd really appreciate help on this,
>
> kind regards,
>
> Algy

> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-R6025-error-msms...
April 18, 2005 3:34:03 AM

does it mean that once I use msn7, this problem occurs? coz this problem also
happens to me
!