Does Messenger 7 require Framework update to use all featu..

I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2, and Office XP Professional.
I have not installed the Framework update from Windows Update.

Does the new Messenger 7.0 or Office XP require the installation of
Framework to use all features?

I also have wired Ethernet network with 2 PC's that share a 56k dial up
connection. Do I need to install the Framework update on just the host PC
or also on the PC running Windows XP Home (PC that is sharing the dial up
connection).

I had this update installed once before I reinstalled XP Professional and I
received a message that I also needed to install IIS. Is this correct?

Greetings Lori,

MSN Messenger 7 does not use the .NET Framework. The Framework also doesn't -need- IIS.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert